• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Uncle-A

In the words of Paul Simon "You can call me Al"
Skier
Neither has our connection at Look. Real rare. Too bad they are so rough.
With the 18 DIN could they have been painted for the racers that skied on Atomic? Although the people racing on Atomic might have used an Austrian made binding not a French made binding.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
With the 18 DIN could they have been painted for the racers that skied on Atomic? Although the people racing on Atomic might have used an Austrian made binding not a French made binding.
Back then Atomic had their own bindings...The AFT series of skis were early 2000's...these are head scratchers. Shoulda bought them.

Muleski

So much better than a pro
Inactive
My hunch is that they were probably used on non-race, but skis for a pro under contract. Colors are also wrong for that era Atomic race...no blue.

They were the binding of choice for all of the guys skiing park and pipe back 12+ years ago.

Trying to think of any Dynastar big mountain guys, quite a while ago, would have pushed for that binding....or had the contract leverage to make it happen.

Phil, I bet somebody like DR might have a clue. I have never seen a pair. I have one friend who might have some insight.

Very curious.

Uncle-A

Skier
Back then Atomic had their own bindings...The AFT series of skis were early 2000's...these are head scratchers. Shoulda bought them.
After looking at the photo for something that did not look correct I went to the "All Things Atomic" thread and most of the skis had a different slant to the letters. The one photo of the Atomic boots had the same style graphic or font so maybe some advertising people had a pair of Looks painted to show off the boots. Or could they have been a proto-type?

Joal

Out on the slopes
Skier
The Forza are hard to come by but finally got a pair even in the color I wanted. Match made in heaven. Not mounted yet but have a very good match for two of the toe holes except it would put me 13 mm forward. Springs are good but definitely needs fresh grease.

Hexcelerator II 190s
DSC04382.JPG

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
The Forza are hard to come by but finally got a pair even in the color I wanted. Match made in heaven. Not mounted yet but have a very good match for two of the toe holes except it would put me 13 mm forward. Springs are good but definitely needs fresh grease.

Hexcelerator II 190s
View attachment 27230
Took me a while to find a pair of black/greens.

Uncle-A

Skier

Hexcelerator II 190s
View attachment 27230
They look great, I hope you have a good slow dry epoxy when doing the mount. Do not forget to break up the honeycomb inside after drilling the holes and fill the hole with epoxy do the mount next flip them over waiting for the epoxy to dry. That way the epoxy will form a nut like shape inside the ski and hold the screws. The toe wings on the look are a long lever that have been known to pull out of the Hexcel honeycomb.

Joal

Out on the slopes
Skier
They look great, I hope you have a good slow dry epoxy when doing the mount. Do not forget to break up the honeycomb inside after drilling the holes and fill the hole with epoxy do the mount next flip them over waiting for the epoxy to dry. That way the epoxy will form a nut like shape inside the ski and hold the screws. The toe wings on the look are a long lever that have been known to pull out of the Hexcel honeycomb.

G-2 epoxy from System 3. I did a pair of Hexcels a few years ago and they are still good.

Bill Talbot

Vintage Gear Curator
Industry Insider
So they dropped the N after these improvements, same with the 57.

View attachment 28496

Yep, and the 77R is my personal all time favorite LOOK binding. Close second is the later 99RS, but wish it didn't have plastic covers and such.
I'll forgive them these sins if they'd just BRING BACK THE PIVOT 15...

#bringbackthe15

Uncle-A

Skier
I have a pair of Look 99's with the brake up by the toe. The adjuster screw turns but it is very tight and I have a feeling that it is crossed threaded. I got them used and that is the way they came. I am almost afraid to back it off or all the way out because I may not be able to get it back together. Could it be tapped or thread back to the original thread and does any know what thread is used on the adjuster screw?