• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Joal

Out on the slopes
Skier
It is going to awful uncomfortable with the tonge crimped like that in the left boot.

How did I miss that :D. As an aside the red feels softer than the other Lange black uppers.

DSC04172.JPG

Uncle-A

In the words of Paul Simon "You can call me Al"
Skier
How did I miss that :D. As an aside the red feels softer than the other Lange black uppers.

View attachment 18934
It looks like an assembled pair from different models. The Black shell with the Blue liner was the Lange Standard, The Black shell with the Red liner was the Lange Pro, and the Black shell with Yellow liner was the Lange Comp all men's boots. Lange made a Jr and Woman's boot with a White liner. That liner may come from a woman's boot as far as the red upper cuff it may have been a warrantee replacement. On the heel of the boot Lange would stamp the size and some other information, check and see what is on the side of the heel may be add a photo.

Joal

Out on the slopes
Skier
I have the Pro and the Swingers both with red liners. There is no model stamped on the sole but on the side
DSC04174.JPG

and on the inside of the top strap KJ 10R and KM 10R on the other
DSC04179.JPG

Royal

UTAH
Skier
what would be a reason for warranty? these things are indestructible. they will still be around in 10,000 years when all other ski boots will have turned to dust or goo. and they will still hurt just as bad!

Uncle-A

Skier
I have the Pro and the Swingers both with red liners. There is no model stamped on the sole but on the side
View attachment 18936

and on the inside of the top strap KJ 10R and KM 10R on the other
View attachment 18937
The 9MR a size 9 Men's Right and the number maybe a Batch Number. The number on the cuff is the surprise, if the number was a 9 I would think it was a match for the base the fact that it was a 10 only adds to the thought it was a repair/replacement although some manufactures will use the same size cuff on two base sizes. My first ski boots were Lange Standards and on the side of mine was a 9 1/2 MW back than they made a wide shell. They also made a narrow shell. If my memory is correct I purchased mine in 1968 and the Swinger model came out later in the 1970's.

Uncle-A

Skier
what would be a reason for warranty? these things are indestructible. they will still be around in 10,000 years when all other ski boots will have turned to dust or goo. and they will still hurt just as bad!
We may have thought they were indestructible because they were not polyurethane plastic. The shell was made from DuPont Addapreen (not sure of the spelling) plastic very tuff stuff and was the reason the shell has that orange peel look. In later years they did switch to polyurethane plastic and the way to tell them apart was the smooth surface of the plastic, no more orange peel.

TS
Dave Petersen

Dave Petersen

Graphic Designer/Social Media Manager
Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
Someone who worked for Lange in the 70s messaged me on my personal facebook account, but I can't find your original message to respond.

You were asking me about getting some high resolution scans of some of the Lange ads. Everything you see in this thread pre mid-1970s (with a few exceptions) is posted at its highest resolution.

Everything post mid-1970s I have the original ads in my collection and they can be scanned at any resolution.

Petersen collection - Pugski.jpg

oldschoolskier

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Someone who worked for Lange in the 70s messaged me on my personal facebook account, but I can't find your original message to respond.

You were asking me about getting some high resolution scans of some of the Lange ads. Everything you see in this thread pre mid-1970s (with a few exceptions) is posted at its highest resolution.

Everything post mid-1970s I have the original ads in my collection and they can be scanned at any resolution.

View attachment 21708
As I have one of those scans and received it (though not Lange) it is great to have a resource like you for the appreciative "PUG"ski community.

Thanks.:beercheer:

Sorry had to correct bad grammar.

Last edited:
TS
Dave Petersen

Dave Petersen

Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
Just some of my Lange fun personal projects:

OLD BOOT TSHIRT.jpg

PUGSKI t-shirt Petersen 2.jpg

MikeS

freeski919
Instructor
Okay, so I know this is gear centric. But this is a thread about "All things Lange" in a historical context... and nary a mention of Lange Girl posters? :huh:

K2 Rat

Out on the slopes
Skier
Okay, so I know this is gear centric. But this is a thread about "All things Lange" in a historical context... and nary a mention of Lange Girl posters? :huh:
Agreed Mike. Seems strange. These were the 2 Lange posters I had in my room growing up and now are framed and hanging in my ski house guest room. Lucky guests !
langegirl1.png
langegirl7.png

RickyG

Faction Fan
Contributor
Hi me again...I do love the Lange Girl posters...but the red booted "Soft Inside" one isn't the original you need the black shelled "Pro's"...now I've told this story before but it's
worth repeating...straight from Bob Lange himself...being an engineer and knowing Newton's laws of motion especially the one that says with each action there is an equal and opposite reaction...the tips up poster has a lot of air brushing in it. Long before photoshop.

Orginal Lange-soft Poster.jpg

TS
Dave Petersen

Dave Petersen

Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
Last edited:

K2 Rat

Out on the slopes
Skier
Hi me again...I do love the Lange Girl posters...but the red booted "Soft Inside" one isn't the original you need the black shelled "Pro's"...now I've told this story before but it's
worth repeating...straight from Bob Lange himself...being an engineer and knowing Newton's laws of motion especially the one that says with each action there is an equal and opposite reaction...the tips up poster has a lot of air brushing in it. Long before photo View attachment 27123
shop.
Interesting and I did not know there were 2 versions of Soft Inside. Mine has to be about 42 years old and it still not the original !!!

Sponsor

Staff online