• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Uncle-A

In the words of Paul Simon "You can call me Al"
Skier
Pic #1: My favorite Raichle of all time! Oddly, I pulled out my Bad Dogs last weekend but went with the Assaults.
Pic #2: I was the area rep for Dynamic for 14 years? I still have my bent 225s and my Jean-Marc Boivan Extreme Skis with Petzl bindings.
Way to go Briggs!
One of the other shops I worked in was a Dynamic dealer, what region of the country did you rep for them? I worked in NJ but I don't remember the rep's name, of course I still have my VR 27's but that is another thread in the Retro group.

Max Air

You never get hurt in the air!
Skier
Mike Vowels. We get to ski with him every year at the Hall of Fame Ceremonies. Mike is unfortunately in wheel chair at this point due to a skiing accident.
Nice one upsmanship Phil! I toss out a name and you give me a documentary on the guy! I'm scared to know how much history you own! I'd love the Cheesbuger Deluxe hat, I had one as a kid.

TS
Dave Petersen

Dave Petersen

Graphic Designer/Social Media Manager
Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
I have wanted these K2s ever since high school. Used to look at them in the window of Sports Corner, a ski and scuba shop at WESTROADS Mall, Omaha, NE.

Saw them on Facebook today and snatched them up!

Now I just need a pair of yellow or orange Hanson ski boots!

EDB149C2-20C4-4BF5-B5BC-0F014409B33B.jpeg

Uncle-A

Skier
I have wanted these K2s ever since high school. Used to look at them in the window of Sports Corner, a ski and scuba shop at WESTROADS Mall, Omaha, NE.

View attachment 71326
The K2 skis have Look GT with ski brakes and the Kastle Freestyle skis look like S-444.

TS
Dave Petersen

Dave Petersen

Admin
SkiTalk Supporter

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier

View attachment 71326
$_1.JPG

TS
Dave Petersen

Dave Petersen

Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
947EC490-8102-49B4-ADEA-6F1670827526.jpeg
4779C281-ED6D-4829-B7B6-549B3ADF8B4F.jpeg
B386451A-0FDB-427E-84FF-DC324B99E14E.jpeg
01F84E06-842E-4934-A9F4-DE1C10B4004C.jpeg

Cleaned these up today. Other than a couple topsheet chips they almost look new.

Last edited:

Uncle-A

Skier
I would not have thought it went as high as 5, it has been a long time since I have seen one. I still think it was a good binding and probably would still ski it today. It was the first binding I purchased for my wife, back when we were dating. If I trusted it for her legs I would trust it for many of my customers. Must have sold a ton of them using it as a money saving option to the higher priced model.

Doug Briggs

"Douche Bag Local"
Industry Insider
SkiTalk Tester
The binding has a lot of metal, so likely quite durable. I'd calibrate it before use. The forward opening brake is a deal breaker for me, though.

@Dave Petersen , if you bring it to the shop, I would calibrate it for you.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
The binding has a lot of metal, so likely quite durable. I'd calibrate it before use. The forward opening brake is a deal breaker for me, though.

I remember trying to calibrate a Spademan...that was all-metal too...the GT would be a lesser of two evil option, LOL.

Uncle-A

Skier

Was the front facing brake better than the runaway strap?

Doug Briggs

"Douche Bag Local"
Industry Insider
SkiTalk Tester
Was the front facing brake better than the runaway strap?

I don't know which was the lesser of two evils.

We used to train with our 'safety' straps tucked into the binding, rather than actually attached. Dumb, but we didn't really fancy having a ski hung up on a gate or windmilling.

Sponsor