• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
IMG_1377.jpeg

K2 Bike in the wild.

TS
Dave Petersen

Dave Petersen

Graphic Designer/Social Media Manager
Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
D29BACBC-3E0D-4252-B768-8F328D1BF833.jpeg

LeVieuxCrouton

Getting on the lift
Skier
ice6.JPG
ice1.JPG
ice2.JPG
ice3.JPG
ice4.JPG
ice5.JPG
ice7.JPG
ice8.JPG

I jnow ....
I know ...

Everyone will say that they have a pair like that in their basement ...

A pair of K2 Extreme Ice 203 cm ...

Could very well be : K2 is iconic in the States and not so much in the Great White North . Not in Québec anyway ... not when those were sold ... not even when the 555 were sold .
Considering the sad state of our streets in winter and the fact that the slopes are even worse in popular resorts ... meaning that the Ice Capades are often practicing in Tremblant or Ste Anne ... when I found that pair , I could not resist . Even during this time of canicule ( heat-wave ) .

I bought them !!

Now , will they fit my boots ?
I am afraid to go and fetch them ... it would be a shame to drill them again , no ?

I will dream for the next few months ... dream about going to the ''Pustule'' ... the small hill where I spend my evenings ... and listen to the verbose and offensive young competitors when they will look at the K2 on an icy night . The thud of their collective jaw when it will hit the loading carpet !

That thought makes me forget the virus , the confinement , the loss of my job because of the virus and the fact that I will be 65 in August .

Bring on icy conditions !!!

LeVieuxCrouton

Getting on the lift
Skier
001.JPG
002.JPG

I found the mental strength to fetch one boot and try it on the K2 ...

This is fantastic !
I should run to the corner store and buy some Loto tickets !

The boot fits like a glove ( ! ) on the Tyrolia .
All that is missing now is the snow . It will take some time but I am confident the snow will fall at some point and even transform itself into ice on selected slopes .
Then I will be ready !

Doug Briggs

"Douche Bag Local"
Industry Insider
SkiTalk Tester
Nice find.

I don't understand the expression that people that get lucky think they should buy Lotto tickets. They've used up the luck already! :huh:

LeVieuxCrouton

Getting on the lift
Skier
To be honest with you , Doug , I never bought a single Loto ticket in all of my 64.9 years on Earth .
Maybe they think of luck not as a single event but as a streak !!
What is luck ??

Nice find but there is more to come ... tomorrow ...

Uncle-A

In the words of Paul Simon "You can call me Al"
Skier
View attachment 104975 View attachment 104976 View attachment 104977 View attachment 104978 View attachment 104979 View attachment 104980 View attachment 104981 View attachment 104982

I jnow ....
I know ...

Everyone will say that they have a pair like that in their basement ...

A pair of K2 Extreme Ice 203 cm ...

Could very well be : K2 is iconic in the States and not so much in the Great White North . Not in Québec anyway ... not when those were sold ... not even when the 555 were sold .
Considering the sad state of our streets in winter and the fact that the slopes are even worse in popular resorts ... meaning that the Ice Capades are often practicing in Tremblant or Ste Anne ... when I found that pair , I could not resist . Even during this time of canicule ( heat-wave ) .

I bought them !!

Now , will they fit my boots ?
I am afraid to go and fetch them ... it would be a shame to drill them again , no ?

I will dream for the next few months ... dream about going to the ''Pustule'' ... the small hill where I spend my evenings ... and listen to the verbose and offensive young competitors when they will look at the K2 on an icy night . The thud of their collective jaw when it will hit the loading carpet !

That thought makes me forget the virus , the confinement , the loss of my job because of the virus and the fact that I will be 65 in August .

Bring on icy conditions !!!
Don't move the entire binding move only the heel. How far off could they be? Close the bindings measure from the toe to the heel cup and compare it to your BSL adjust accordingly.

Uncle-A

Skier
Does the pointer fit between the two lines on the heel? If so you are set for BSL anyway.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
@LeVieuxCrouton
Under the right heel is a sticker with the flex of the ski. Can you see what that number is? 22.8?
ice5-jpg.104980

The EIS is the VO Slalom with KVC inspired graphics.

Uncle-A

Skier
The two tone binding is one of the later models. What is the DIN range for that binding?

LeVieuxCrouton

Getting on the lift
Skier
I don't understand half of what you are talking about ...
These skis arrived here as is ... my boots were going in without any change ... that was one requisite I had with those skis : the bindings had to fit my boots . So I checked with the vendor .

Yes , it is 22.8 and '' Limited Issue Racing Stock '' under it . Not a 24 or 25 but I have , in the basement , a few 208 to 220 downhill Volkl and Atomic ... I think I can manage these without a problem .

Din is going up to 14 ...

I don't see any problems with either the skis or the bindings . I ski every winter with combinations much older than that .

So I made a nice purchase or I bought junk ?
Anyway they will cruise on the slopes next winter .

Now just wait this evening for the skis I bought with those ... kind of older ...

Last edited:

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Yes , it is 22.8 and '' Limited Issue Racing Stock '' under it . Not a 24 or 25 but I have , in the basement , a few 208 to 220 downhill Volkl and Atomic ... I think I can manage these without a problem .

22.8? Thats cute. ;) Seriously, EIS's are fun to have. I had a pair in the wrapper that I passed along to @Bill Talbot, along with the ELC's/ IIRC, they were also about that flex. Take a look at the serial number, it is starts with an R it is a true race room ski, if not, it is the regular consumer version.
everything-k2-1-png.6819

LeVieuxCrouton

Getting on the lift
Skier
The serial number ??
Fudge !
Someone stole my serial number ....

Now , if it is not on the sidewall it could be under the bindings .
Sadly I will not unscrew the bindings , sorry !!!

A ''Limited Issue Racing Stock '' sticker is more than enough for me .
I ski whatever I have under my feet and some people say that the result is not that bad .

You know , I am not a total fan of K2 ... blame it on my culture ... we were always more focused on Europe than on the US ... You have tried to invade so many times that we are careful now !

Really , where is the serial ?

And , Philpug , when are you coming here on a ski trip ?

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
The serial number ??
Fudge !
Someone stole my serial number ....

Now , if it is not on the sidewall it could be under the bindings .
Sadly I will not unscrew the bindings , sorry !!!

A ''Limited Issue Racing Stock '' sticker is more than enough for me .
I ski whatever I have under my feet and some people say that the result is not that bad .

You know , I am not a total fan of K2 ... blame it on my culture ... we were always more focused on Europe than on the US ... You have tried to invade so many times that we are careful now !

Really , where is the serial ?

And , Philpug , when are you coming here on a ski trip ?
Serial number will be on the sidewall. The EIS's that Bill has are not R serial numbers.

Many of the higher end skis from that era that came out of the Vashon factory had the race flex sticker, my Pre 1200 SP's had it. Yes, the EIS was very limited production. I recall only ever seeing them on one retail ski wall.

LeVieuxCrouton

Getting on the lift
Skier
Serial number nearly faded out but no R ...

As I said , all that is needed now is some snow .

The André Lalonde Sport srickers ... I have to ask but I think the bindings were mounted there . The seller was in Montreal .

Uncle-A

Skier
I don't understand half of what you are talking about ...
These skis arrived here as is ... my boots were going in without any change ... that was one requisite I had with those skis : the bindings had to fit my boots . So I checked with the vendor .

Din is going up to 14 ...

I don't see any problems with either the skis or the bindings . I ski every winter with combinations much older than that .

Now just wait this evening for the skis I bought with those ... kind of older ...
The pointer and two lines on the heel are the forward pressure indicator. When the boot is locked in the binding if the pointer fall between the two lines on the heel your forward pressure is good but if it isn't than you have to move the heel. Based on the photo with the boot in the binding it most likely will just be a small adjustment and not a remount. The heel does slide on a track, a little in both directions so not a big deal. Sorry I don't have any photos of to post

Sponsor

Staff online