• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

johnnyvw

Out on the slopes
Skier
Seeing those Bluelites are like seeing old friends...had a pair back in the day. Finally got the hang of parallel skiing on them. Great memories. Except they had absolutely no grip on anything hard LOL

Jim McDonald

愛スキー
Skier
love those Splitails!

Mack

Getting off the lift
Skier
Hexcel Sundance 185cm, Hexcel Sundance 175, Sundance 200, Hanson Hexcel Soft,
Hanson Hexcel Spyder 200 Splitail.
Mack
IMG_6997.jpg

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
Why is is that when Hexcel, Hanson, and Spyder all came together.. three of the coolest and most desirable offerings in the industry early 1980s, only Sypder survived and is still thriving? Those Hanson/Hexcel Spyders with the Hanson Spyder boots were too cool for school among the high income rec racers at the time.. a pretty decent segment. It seems that Hanson and Hexcel just dropped off the map around 84.. why??

Bill Talbot

Vintage Gear Curator
Industry Insider
Here are a couple of my Hexcel skis (both for AT use), their weight is great for this application!
The Sundance II (200cm) with the Marker M4-15 Rotamat TR
And the Hexcel made Ramer Grand Tour (195cm) with the Salewa AT binding

Ramer.jpg

Ramer2.jpg

Ramer1.jpg

Ramer3.jpg

Doug Briggs

"Douche Bag Local"
Industry Insider
SkiTalk Tester
I like the buckle hole in the cuff of the pants.

Uncle-A

In the words of Paul Simon "You can call me Al"
Skier
I like the buckle hole in the cuff of the pants.
The hole was great as long as you had high top boots or if you were not too tall. I was skiing the Lange Freestyle (Black with Green Liners) boots and 6' 2" a lot of stretch needed.

Kris77

Booting up
Skier
I just picked these up last night. The guy had 5 sets of skis (two head, two rossi, one hexcel) all for $15. I tried to offer him just $15 for the hexcels alone but the deal had to be all. For me, these are worth $15 (plus one of the other sets had all metal S747E bindings that I needed for refurb). Just has some tape goop on the shovels but otherwise they're in great shape.

Attachments

• hexcel.jpg
    hexcel.jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 44

Royal

UTAH
Skier
I just picked these up last night. The guy had 5 sets of skis (two head, two rossi, one hexcel) all for $15. I tried to offer him just $15 for the hexcels alone but the deal had to be all. For me, these are worth $15 (plus one of the other sets had all metal S747E bindings that I needed for refurb). Just has some tape goop on the shovels but otherwise they're in great shape.

I skied a pair of those this winter. I was less than impressed.

Uncle-A

In the words of Paul Simon "You can call me Al"
Skier
166101890.jpg

Cleaning out my barn in Michigan so we can sell the property. Not sure, but the Split Tails might be Hub's last pair. I was told one of the multiple pair I purchased the last couple years of the product was the last pair he made.
What length are the Comps and would you think about parting with them?

Sponsor

Staff online