• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.
TS
Dave Petersen

Dave Petersen

Graphic Designer/Social Media Manager
Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
SKI Oct 1972 - Hexcel - Dave Petersen.jpg

Joal

Out on the slopes
Skier
Hexcel waterski. I don't waterski so I don't know how it skis. I have the K2 waterski, a buddy has a Kazama and I have seen a picture of a Kneissl. Hart, I think, just appears on the tail of EP. I don't think they actually made one. Speaking of Kazama, no "All things Kazama"?

DSC03746.JPG
DSC03747.JPG

TS
Dave Petersen

Dave Petersen

Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
Hexcel waterski. I don't waterski so I don't know how it skis. I have the K2 waterski, a buddy has a Kazama and I have seen a picture of a Kneissl. Hart, I think, just appears on the tail of EP. I don't think they actually made one. Speaking of Kazama, no "All things Kazama"?

View attachment 11289 View attachment 11290

Eventually! I am always adding more. I know I need an "Alpina" thread for one.

TS
Dave Petersen

Dave Petersen

Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
Oh we do have one--just need to update the glossary. I think we have about 10 new entries to add to the glossary. Just search "All Things Kazama".
@Joal

TS
Dave Petersen

Dave Petersen

Admin
SkiTalk Supporter

Royal

UTAH
Skier
found it! I could definitely make some of these. I would move the pivot point inside the buckle though. I always loved the rossi "R". stay tuned.

il_570xN.450494946_a0tu.jpg

image from etsy

TS
Dave Petersen

Dave Petersen

Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
That didn't take you long!

Joal

Out on the slopes
Skier
Last edited:
TS
Dave Petersen

Dave Petersen

Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
@Dave Petersen Is there any information on Fiberite in the Ski Journal article. I see it online but you have to subscribe to read it. http://www.theskijournal.com/issue/2.3/feature/Hexcel

What ski was first to feature an aluminum honeycomb core? This link is an interesting read in general https://books.google.ca/books?id=8_VFAgAAQBAJ&pg=PA46&lpg=PA46&dq=hexcel+ski+history&source=bl&ots=y1NELCDDwv&sig=idBo49B-7iYErV5FQx90mAUVjlg&hl=en&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiPr8TBxabOAhVk6YMKHfQuCAw4ChDoAQgsMAU#v=onepage&q=hexcel ski history&f=false

Graphite Gold 205s

View attachment 11922

I am pretty sure I bought that -- I will hunt it up.

markojp

mtn rep for the gear on my feet
Industry Insider
Instructor
Didn't they have a core business in avionic frames, aircraft wings, stuff like that? When Hanson absorbed the ski division the rest of it probably went on with their main gig, probably eventually absorbed by Boeing, McDonnell Douglas, Airbus, Northrup Grummon or someone like that..

Still around. http://www.hexcel.com/

Sponsor