Dave Petersen

Dave Petersen

Graphic Designer/Social Media Manager
Admin
SKI Dec 1970 - Fritzmeier Skis - Pugski - Dave Petersen.jpg

Joal

Out on the slopes
Skier
No idea where these might fit but with the Rosi Mittermaeir name on the ski it would be around 1977.

DSC03905.JPG

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
Pugski Ski Tester
Hi. I have been looking for information about these skis. No one seems to know anything about them. I have not found them anywhere on the internet either. View attachment 39227
Welcome to the site and the archives. There is nothing about them in that ad unfortunately, maybe someone will chime in.

Tanzania Lucas

At the base lodge
Skier
Oops, I wasn't finished. Is there any information I needs to add from the skis? It came with this carrier.
20170504_095354.jpg

Royal

UTAH
Skier
more pics of the entire ski with any and all writing legible. bindings also.

checkracer

Getting on the lift
Skier
Fritzmeier entered the alpine ski business too late to succeed. He offered his skis to the Czech Ski Federation where some communist officials were eager to snatch some D-marks as “provision”. Some Czechs were the only WC racers in Fritzmeiers. In those years I bought a pair of 220 DHs from a national team member who never wrapped them out from the original package. Solid, heavy, bright orange, extremely stiff and slow, I tore the Marker M4 toe off in the Czech Champs but crashed well with no trees around :))

Sethmasia

Putting on skis
Contributor
I well remember Fritzmeiers and wrote about them. The brand was imported for one year by Raichle-Molitor, during their transition between Kastle and Head. The Duo was one of the world's dumbest ideas. If you were a recreational skier happy with 170cm skis, but wanted something a lot more stable for fast cruising, you wanted to look studly. It was more macho to shoulder a 207 GS ski than haul around several pounds of steel weights in your pockets. Once you bolted the weights to the ski, you had a ski as heavy as a 207, but you still had less than 170cm of ski edge to hold your line. Remember these were straight skis, not carvers. Bloody disaster.

Members online