• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

rpk4dotcom

More Retro memories????
Skier
A fine looking ski, it looks like a lot of side cut to that ski for those years.
I have to say Uncle, the shape of the ski is probably way out of proportion. I use a couple of different templates I built to attempt to clean up the background and (as I'm sure Dave P will agree) usually a bit of fudging is necessary to get the best image in the least amount of time (I do have real work to do as well). Regardless, I saw these skis on the wall in a restaurant in Cheyenne, Wy and when I visit again in July I will be bringing a couple of "replacements" in hopes of a good trade. Even with the holes they put in them I think they would be a great addition to a collection my wife isn't exactly keen on me having. All goes well, I will have them in my hands and will get measurements at that time. I'm also waiting on a photo from Fischer that may just help answer the question I posted previously (#57 - All Things Fischer)

JB

TS
Dave Petersen

Dave Petersen

Graphic Designer/Social Media Manager
Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
IMG_3642.JPG

TS
Dave Petersen

Dave Petersen

Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
From Pinterest
IMG_0329.JPG

da-cat

Hoarders Anonymous
Skier
Great Fischer references here in your thread! Thanks!
Fischer is my brand, Man! I have skied 4 versions and have a couple more to hop on someday. And yes, I watched the 76 Winter Olympics Downhill live, thank you very much Mr. Klammer. (Had to ski on what my hero was on!)

Here is a pair of Fischer skis I purchased from an overseas ebay seller a while back, I just loved the style. I call them my "Retros". (I like to throw the term Retro at 80's and Early 90's stuff - like Big hair and Bright colors). I remember checking out ski selections during the 80' and early 90's and basically in my head I was calling out the ski industry for trying to make up for a lack of anything technologically new by simply splashing bright colors on their top skins! Teal, pink and purple- not my style then, but today I need a pair in my quiver - to represent!

I think this style of SC4 was a European release only. ? Check out the Rock'n Tyrolia's! They are 580's! (Yeah that's Pink- I'll just have to Man-up on Retro Day!)

Round blue stickers near tips are from a sporting boutique in France: TECHNICIEN DU SPORT.
The fade at the tips are part of the graphics, the main color is like a Black metalic.
These are 190cm's with a classic Slalom ski flex (on the soft but springy side of that). I hope to post more pictures of them;
the bases and sides will blow you away! (As in: Head Banging Music!)
IMG_9505.PNG

da-cat

Hoarders Anonymous
Skier
Over the years I often took notice, and still do, as Fischer would make changes to their style and model offerings. You know like while waiting on a lift line; you pass the time scoping out what everyone is skiing on- or the annual ski shop walk through. (Superseded by the internet today).
Back in the day there is no doubt my baseline for comparison were my original C4's and I judged Fischer's changes over time against my favorite C4's.
So I did notice the green Racing Cut model when they appeared on the slopes but it wasn't until I later learned one of those versions were marketed with mogul skiing in mind that I had to find a pair for my quiver. The Racing Cut "Flex" model distinguished simply by the word "Flex" printed in very small letters.
Fischer Flex ad 1978.jpg

Google Books Skiing October 1978 p49

flex2.jpg
Looks.jpg

Kind of like wine pairing: How about these Looks?

Last edited:

skiprob

Putting on skis
Skier
Sears
Holy cow... Flashback

The OS-2 were under the Christmas Tree. I am thinking 1976 or 1977.

Thanks for the memory.

TS
Dave Petersen

Dave Petersen

Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
Holy cow... Flashback

The OS-2 were under the Christmas Tree. I am thinking 1976 or 1977.

Thanks for the memory.
Yeah, I sent away for that Sears catalog when I was a kid.

Royal

UTAH
Skier
[QUOTE="... The stickers come with a long story and got me in a lot of trouble[/QUOTE]

we gots the time. tell us the story. ( as long as the statute of limitations has passed.):D;)

Wolfski

Getting on the lift
Skier
Well I had finessed this pair from a friend who happened to be connected with this Austrian company in the very early 80's
A couple seasons later I was connected with a French company and decided to use these in a race (very nice base on these) and during prep I placed the stickers to "hide ???" the logo.
Didn't work as there were a number of LD calls (pre cell phone) with swearing.
How was I supposed know all this?:rolleyes:
How the hell did they find out so fast?:doh:

LeVieuxCrouton

Getting on the lift
Skier
002.JPG
004.JPG
006.JPG
007.JPG
008.JPG
013.JPG
015.JPG
001.JPG
006.JPG

Found these , the Fisher RSL 205cm et the Munari boots , a week ago .
Yesterday and today I went skiing on them !
Yes , skiing on 1967 skis with 1967 boots that are plastified leather .

I was lucky as the booots were my size . In fact It makes me think of my first telemark boots ( in 1987 ) as far as confort . Very stiff but not high enough .

Today I rode the Fisher with my boots ...
I swear , I swear ... I was the fastest on the hill !!!
I was going like a rocket .
Nothing could come close .
These skis were - are - fantastic !

The bindings ... I put them at 6 and that was it . Nothing broke and I still have all my arms and legs .

Believe me : these are back on the snow for a few more seasons ... even if I have a lot of newer skis in the basement . They are that much fun ...

Price for boots and skis and bindings : $9.99 cdn

Attachments

• 003.JPG
    003.JPG
    36.1 KB · Views: 18

Royal

UTAH
Skier
[QUOTE="LeVieuxCrouton, post: 173079, member: 1674" View attachment 34470

The bindings ... I put them at 6 and that was it . Nothing broke and I still have all my arms and legs .[/QUOTE]

You got lucky. those bindings are VERY scary. the LOOK plastic of that era is very prone to cracks and fracturing. I would much rather ski an N17/Nevada combo that is also more period to the ski. In fact, I have that same ski with the original LOOK bindings and they are great fun. I'll post a picture later.

LeVieuxCrouton

Getting on the lift
Skier
Bonjour Royal ;

Considering the speed and the state of the slopes I took yesterday , If they had to break , they would have broken .
I know the risks and I checked them for cracks , even tiny ones .
I was not worried at all .

For sure I would have liked to be on Salomon 555 but these were mounted on the skis so accept the challenge .

Note that I never , ever , skied or owned a Look binding . I did not like tham at all from the day I started skiing . The turntable was not to my taste . Same with Marker Rotamat .
So I skied all my life on Salomon and Tyrolia .

Right now I plan to put Tyrolia 350 Diagonal on a pair of downhill skis , 220 cm .

Please post the picture of your Fisher !

Royal

UTAH
Skier
Bonjour a Vous!

I have some S505 and S555 bindings if you want them the guide rollers are still good on them but no brakes. I prefer the older LOOK's for the ability to refurbish them and their elasticity compared to other bindings of their time. they test perfectly with my binding release calibrator and the look is classic. I try to avoid the older salomon and tyrolia bindings because there is no way to dismantle, clean and re-lube them. I do like the Salomon 747 Equipe though. toes are rebuildable and I can at least re-lube the all metal heels.

20171205_180742.jpg

LeVieuxCrouton

Getting on the lift
Skier
All the bottles : you are a serious drinker !!
I found a pair of skis with Look Sensor that seems quite new .
Would they be easy to put on another pair of skis ? The Dynastar ceramic are too small but in perfect shape .
Is there a paper Template somewhere ?

By the way , I also have a pair of Fisher President that I skied last year . Bindings much older than my Alu Steel .

Joal

Out on the slopes
Skier
A seconder for the N17. @Royal That reminds me I had these out a couple of years ago, maybe a few, but struggled. I decided I needed to increase ramp to accommodate retro fitting the brakes and have not taken them out since. Gotta get going, so many skis.

fischer alu rsl 002.jpg

fischer alu rsl 001.jpg

Royal

UTAH
Skier
I had the same ramp angle issue with the Roll-Ease AFD's(see above pic, yellow AFD with the red bindings) they are twice as thick as the standard AFD. Skis never felt right.

Royal

UTAH
Skier
Would they be easy to put on another pair of skis ? The Dynastar ceramic are too small but in perfect shape .

I do not have a template. I just use center line for the middle hole and a center punch to mark the holes. as for the "sensor" bindings it depends on which ones they are. the 89's have a VERY week plastic heel that usually cracks in the fine threaded portion near the top but can also develop fatal cracks under the heel cup. you can not see the cracks in the threaded area with out tacking them apart. I found they are not worth the hassle. just stick with the all metal versions: 99 RS and 99 HP. these have their issues too. I have found many with rusty seized and/or broken springs. I believe, from a lack of adequate lubrication. ALWAYS open them up before use to inspect the condition of the springs. after a refurb they are excellent bindings.

IMAG0939.jpg

Uncle-A

In the words of Paul Simon "You can call me Al"
Skier

By the way , I also have a pair of Fisher President that I skied last year . Bindings much older than my Alu Steel .
How about a photo of those Fisher Presidents? BTW the Fisher President Combi model was the first pair of skis I ever owned. Yes they did have Look bindings mounted. Wish I had a few photos of my old equipment but at the time I was not into cameras.

Sponsor

Staff online