• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.
TS
Dave Petersen

Dave Petersen

Graphic Designer/Social Media Manager
Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
Thanks Dave, between you and Bill, one of you two had to have something.

This book dedicates quite a few pages to Clif Taylor and GLM, but they never show a clear picture of the skis. I'll keep it in the back of my mind in case I ever run across a photo.

Uncle-A

In the words of Paul Simon "You can call me Al"
Skier
This book dedicates quite a few pages to Clif Taylor and GLM, but they never show a clear picture of the skis. I'll keep it in the back of my mind in case I ever run across a photo.
I have thought it was interesting that Elan came out with the first shape ski and it was just a GLM with a waist line that went on a diet.

TS
Dave Petersen

Dave Petersen

Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
Did a google search and found these!
IMG_0315.JPG

@Uncle-A

TS
Dave Petersen

Dave Petersen

Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
Other Clif Taylor items courtesy of the World Wide Web -
IMG_0310.JPG
IMG_0311.JPG
IMG_0312.JPG
IMG_0313.JPG
IMG_0314.JPG

oldschoolskier

Making fresh tracks
Skier
I had a set of 180 Elan Grads (Blue top, Silver lettering if memory serves), I always want a set of Elan RC04’s the original dark colored ones.

As to the RC07’s I believe these are part of the 2nd generation about very early 80’s (possibly late 70’s) vintage, the top sheet texture changed somewhat, though that far back can’t remember all the details. (Getting old :doh:).

Doug Briggs

"Douche Bag Local"
Industry Insider
SkiTalk Tester
So here is my contribution to this thread.

20171021_220211_Huckleberry Grn.jpg

These M777s are the largest size and were actually 88 mm underfoot, all other lengths were 77 mm. They are a wide GS ski and demand lots of attention to insure turns get completed.

Elan Quad One.jpg

The M1111 or Quad Ones are huge skis. They are intended to be mounted a few inches back from 'normal'. I skied them that way for a little while then remounted them more traditionally. In factory recommended location they were easy to overturn in soft snow and kind of floppy on groomed. Remounted they became more manageable in both scenarios.

The fish tail is a fun feature as is the 15th century Slovenian (they are made in Slovenia) fresco topsheet which gets a lot of attention.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
I think that red RC graphic was 82ish...I think it was after these back ones which were 1980. One of my ski buddies in High School had this exact set up, RC05 with M4-12's in a 190..they were a great bump ski. I don't recall the gold springs though.

elan_rc05_17.jpg

TS
Dave Petersen

Dave Petersen

Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
SKIING Sept 1998 - Elan - Pugski - Petersen.jpg

TS
Dave Petersen

Dave Petersen