• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.
TS
Dave Petersen

Dave Petersen

Graphic Designer/Social Media Manager
Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
SKIING Oct 1974 - Dynastar - Pugski.jpg

TS
Dave Petersen

Dave Petersen

Graphic Designer/Social Media Manager
Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
SKIING Dec 1976 - Dynastar - Pugski - Dave Petersen.jpg

Bad Bob

I golf worse than I ski.
Skier
Was told way back in the day that the Rossi Strato and Dynastar MV2 were the same skis with different top sheets. Does anyone know the validity to that?

Skied the MV2 in a 210 one year as a go faster ski in Summit County about 75. Those things were amazingly stable. Bought them at SNIGRAB for like $20.00, how could I not?

Kris77

Booting up
Skier
Pair of unused OG decals. I've been picking vintage decals up here and there so that I can have them reprinted on heavy vinyl decal stock. I'm currently rebuilding my 1984 Toyota FJ60 and I want to have period (84 or before) decals to make it vintage skitruck. hah

dyna.jpg

da-cat

Hoarders Anonymous
Skier
The MV-5 210cm was a everyday ski .. Also had a pair of SL 205cm Both great skis "back in the day" Currently on the Dynastar Speed Zone 12 TI and 10 TI..
I googled the 12 &10 TI's Nice!
Someday if I bring those Classic Salomons up to speed I want to ski my MV-5's. I can tell just by testing their flex at different places along their length that this is a very capable ski that probably provides plenty of pop and response and with a GS kind of flex.
I think they are just 185's but that's alright with this old timer. Hope to ski these classics down a NASTAR run one day.

da-cat

Hoarders Anonymous
Skier
Just need a pair of Chicken Hearts to match your new / old poles!

Turns out my silver MV-5's are actually 195cm Competition models and they have the upside down serial#'s.
:)

Royal

UTAH
Skier
My awesome wife found these for me today. Dynastar Acryglass competition 207cm. the bindings are obviously not original. upon removal, the original hole pattern matches a salomon 747equipe. what thinks the group of the Salomon driver suspension plate? these 957's will mount up in the newer holes with boot center at +1cm and I'll only have to remuont the heels. too bad the colors clash. wish I had some of the black /blue/pink ones. they would look much better.

My dad had/ still has these skis. I remember skiing behind him at Kirkwood in the early 80's watching the tails of these skis and learning to carve. I've been wanting my own pair for a while. now we just need some snow. I haven't been Lift served skiing yet this year.:(

20180104_151823.jpg
20180104_155452.jpg

LeVieuxCrouton

Getting on the lift
Skier
Everyone , me included , is always posting hi-end skis ...

But who remembers the '' MID '' craze ??

To get out of the short skis void , manufacturers created the '' MID '' that are kind of similar in length to the parabolic ones ridden today but without the hourglass shape .
I fond , this week , a Dynastar Maverick ... maybe 1980 ??
170 cm and clean as the day it slid out of the factory .

My interest was the bindings .... Salomon 444 ... If the 202 on the Blizzard were not good anymore , I was planning to switch them for the 444 .
Obviously I will never ski the Maverick : too short and I do not want to drill them again.

So they will go in my little collection : I went up in the chair with a girl from a ski team who had some Omeglass similar in size and general shape to the Maverick . Obviously the Omeglass are racing and shaped ... but I wonder what she would have made of the Maverick ... could she skis them as well as the Omeglass ?
Sometimes we can be surprised !
007.JPG
008.JPG
009.JPG
010.JPG
011.JPG
012.JPG
013.JPG

Sponsor

Staff online