• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.
TS
Dave Petersen

Dave Petersen

Graphic Designer/Social Media Manager
Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
12327988-3CFE-47B5-AF90-C5C948285921.jpeg

Bill Talbot

Vintage Gear Curator
Industry Insider
Well timing is everything! Today I picked up this pair of '87 Dynastar Course SL skis in a 203cm size. Just as shown in @Dave Petersen ad above. These are fitted with Marker M4-15 Toe pieces and the Compact Rotamat heels. I like the ski brake 'locks' for waxing/scrapping the bases. As seen in the third pic.
(for $3.59 in '87 $)

IMG_4114.JPG

87-67-75
IMG_4118.JPG

IMG_4120.JPG

Last edited:

Bruuuce

My advice is worth what you paid for it.
Skier
The Course SL photo brings back great memories. It is the ski I learned on when I first moved to Colorado, but with MRR bindings. I bought a 190 cm and eventually got heckled into going longer and bought some RD Coyotes. I really enjoyed these!

gwat

Putting on skis
Skier
Does anyone know (with certainty) what lengths the G9 was made in? Trying to nail down the size of my G9s (because I’m curious and just neeed to know!).
I believe the size is underfoot on the topsheet but these have a Deflex plate covering it up. Nothing stamped on the sidewall or tail. They seem to be about 207cm…

IMG_0429.jpeg

Uncle-A

In the words of Paul Simon "You can call me Al"
Skier
Does anyone know (with certainty) what lengths the G9 was made in? Trying to nail down the size of my G9s (because I’m curious and just neeed to know!).
I believe the size is underfoot on the topsheet but these have a Deflex plate covering it up. Nothing stamped on the sidewall or tail. They seem to be about 207cm…

View attachment 222202
Just turn the ski over and measure from the tail to the tip and let the tape bend at the curve of the tip. That will give you the correct length.

Doug Briggs

"Douche Bag Local"
Industry Insider
SkiTalk Tester
Just turn the ski over and measure from the tail to the tip and let the tape bend at the curve of the tip. That will give you the correct length.
Sort of. Some measure cord length, some measure base length (tape in contact with base, tip to tail).

And clearly the Bent Chettler 120 184s on the left are not the same length as the Pinnacle 88 184s on the right.

PXL_20240120_171035287.jpg

Last edited:

Uncle-A

In the words of Paul Simon "You can call me Al"
Skier
Sort of. Some measure cord length, some measure base length (tape in contact with base, tip to tail).

And clearly the Bent Chettler 120 184s on the left are not the same length as the Pinnacle 88 184s on the right.

View attachment 222207
Two manufacturers that do it differently not surprising. I just seem to remember that Rossi and Dynastar use to do it that way. Weather it is still the same is just a guess. But it is a good rule of thumb.

Sponsor

Staff online