• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Bill Talbot

Vintage Gear Curator
Industry Insider
Without question... mount them and SKI them!!!
I do think the S957E would be a very good choice for them as well.
Be sure and report back after at least a good half day of skiing on them too... :daffy:

LeVieuxCrouton

Getting on the lift
Skier
008.JPG
010.JPG
Well I would have to find the Salomon in the desert I live !
Difficult , very difficult as no one here save anything for posterity : we are the ultimate customers !!

The thing is I have a pair mounted on some Volkl I do not use ... I could take them out ...
But then , I do not have the jig to drill the ski and unless some of you have a jig to sell ... anyway no one n a ski shop will want to touch those ...

Royal

UTAH
Skier
^^^ those are there ones. I mount bindings with out a jig all the time. I make lots of careful measurements(twice sometimes) lots of pencil and sharpie marks and a spring loaded center punch. I will often drill /tap 1 hole them mount/align binding with that hole and mark the others. remove binding and drill the rest.

Uncle-A

In the words of Paul Simon "You can call me Al"
Skier
View attachment 37333 View attachment 37334 Well I would have to find the Salomon in the desert I live !
Difficult , very difficult as no one here save anything for posterity : we are the ultimate customers !!

The thing is I have a pair mounted on some Volkl I do not use ... I could take them out ...
But then , I do not have the jig to drill the ski and unless some of you have a jig to sell ... anyway no one n a ski shop will want to touch those ...
They can be mounted with out a drilling jig if one is careful and takes their time. You could use some graph paper to make a templet if you think that would help copy the holes from the skis that you removed the bindings.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Hello,
I'm new here as this is my first post. I know this is the "All Things Dynamic" and should be. The attached photo has my two pairs of Dynamic skis; VR17's and VR27's both 200cm mixed in with my other vintage skis...
Cheers,
Earl

View attachment 38911
Those Atomics are still some of my favorite Atomic graphics.

Uncle-A

Skier
Hello,
I'm new here as this is my first post. I know this is the "All Things Dynamic" and should be. The attached photo has my two pairs of Dynamic skis; VR17's and VR27's both 200cm mixed in with my other vintage skis...
Cheers,
Earl

View attachment 38911
Welcome, and the photo is great, you will fit in here just fine.ogsmile The VR 27's are the same as mine except mine are 195's with Tyrolia 490RD Calgary edition.
upload_2018-2-6_16-9-32.png

Earl Castillo

Skier, Gearhead
Skier
NorCal SF Bay Area & Northern NY 1000 islands area
Those Atomics are still some of my favorite Atomic graphics.
Thanks Philpug, I'm assuming you are talking about the black and yellow Team Bionic skis. I regret selling my 203cm pair a few years back. I also have a pair of 225cm AF downhills with neon orange Tyrolia 380RDV's the exact same set up as the late Billy Johnson at at Sarevjo (sp?). Those are hanging on a wall in our game room. I'll post a pic in the all things Atomic when I get back to our NY at the end of the month.

Cheers,
Earl

Earl Castillo

Skier, Gearhead
Skier
NorCal SF Bay Area & Northern NY 1000 islands area
Welcome, and the photo is great, you will fit in here just fine.ogsmile The VR 27's are the same as mine except mine are 195's with Tyrolia 490RD Calgary edition.
View attachment 38952
Thank you Uncle-A,
I stumbled across this site looking for some info on a different pair of vintage skis, Volkl Explosives from the early/mid 1970's.Then I got side tracked back to Dynamic VR7's and VR17's. I was pleasantly surprised by this site. So I joined it. Old phart that I am...

Earl

TS
Dave Petersen

Dave Petersen

Graphic Designer/Social Media Manager
Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
Question from Terry Godbout at ELITE SKIING:

"What was the last year for the torsion box VR27? That is one pair of skis I would like to pick up. I have several pairs of VR7 and VR17".

@Philpug @Bill Talbot @Joal

Bill Talbot

Vintage Gear Curator
Industry Insider

"What was the last year for the torsion box VR27? That is one pair of skis I would like to pick up. I have several pairs of VR7 and VR17".

They came out around the '83-84 season. Into the early 90's I think before they turned into a 'Powercap' ski :nono:
I'd guess maybe '92-'93. Anyone else???

Uncle-A

Skier

I have a pair of VR 27's I would be willing to sell 194 CM with Tyrolia 490RD Calgary mounted 315 BSL available with or without bindings.

TS
Dave Petersen

Dave Petersen

Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
I have a pair of VR 27's I would be willing to sell 194 CM with Tyrolia 490RD Calgary mounted 315 BSL available with or without bindings.
I’ll pass it on.

Joal

Out on the slopes
Skier
They came out around the '83-84 season. Into the early 90's I think before they turned into a 'Powercap' ski :nono:
I'd guess maybe '92-'93. Anyone else???

Perhaps a clue. 60th anniversary with not a torsion box but a double torsion box! How long has Dynamic been around?

DSC04578.JPG

200s, 207s
DSC04579.JPG

Lowell Watson

Making skis sharp and slippery
Skier
View attachment 37333 View attachment 37334 Well I would have to find the Salomon in the desert I live !

What’s your BSL? I have a the jigs for Salomon going back to 747 era. I can make you a template for your BSL on one of those thin cutting boards and mail it.

Lowell Watson

Making skis sharp and slippery
Skier

How about an undrilled VR27 double torsion box GS in a 205 with a fresh stone grind and storage wax. I’m sure we can work out a trade if you are interested.
7069E53D-4352-4A1E-9773-0697BC32AE3D.jpeg
2FDDDC7A-508F-4E24-97B1-BF47725BC27D.jpeg

TS
Dave Petersen

Dave Petersen

Admin
SkiTalk Supporter

These are the skis he is looking for:
Dynamic VR 27.jpg

Sponsor

Staff online