• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Dave Petersen

Graphic Designer/Social Media Manager
Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
THE SKI Gart Brothers - Pugski - Dave Petersen.jpg

Joal

Out on the slopes
Skier
In the "never can have too many THE SKI" department. Found a bit of a unicorn myself. All 3 in one go. Very nice shape but looks like the bases saw the parking lot more than once. My boots fit but 3 screw threads show on the heel arms. Still lots of thread left.

DSC04700.JPG

James

Out There
Instructor
In the "never can have too many THE SKI" department. Found a bit of a unicorn myself. All 3 in one go. Very nice shape but looks like the bases saw the parking lot more than once. My boots fit but 3 screw threads show on the heel arms. Still lots of thread left.

View attachment 60348
Wow!
I hope Phil can get to sleep after seeing that.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
TRS, 200, 180 and 2015 The Ski 180 and Scott The Ski poles (reissue). The TRS 180 was drilled for a Salomon 727..I have some extras that I will mount up so they will see snow again.
j7L4M%ppTFuPnjDQJdnKKw.jpg
LHYkQv2KTd2wCfcmEh0qJQ.jpg

Joal

Out on the slopes
Skier
TRS, 200, 180 and 2015 The Ski 180 and Scott The Ski poles (reissue). The TRS 180 was drilled for a Salomon 727..I have some extras that I will mount up so they will see snow again.
View attachment 76372 View attachment 76373

Basic black, right? Not the equipes.

Are you going to ski the moderns? Basic black with those also. I finally took the Salomon demo bindings off mine when I found some FKS 140 and rubbed off the orange graphics. A little touch up with some quality spray bomb and they were looking pretty good and skied noticeably better than the demos. I seem to have something against Rossi bindings ever since I heard that FKS stood for an expletive dismissal of Salomon. Rumour? Urban myth? Anyways, I know all the binding companies do it but I really don't get why they other brand identical bindings.

IMG_0841.JPG

Max Air

You never get hurt in the air!
Skier
185s and 200s. The yellow/blue are fairly recent and in better shape than the ones I sort of restored a few years ago, that are on the right. Different colorblock sequence and blue bases. The current ones have black bases. It would be nice to know if it meant they were different models.

View attachment 12635 View attachment 12636
There's always a better skier, and a better collection; I just haven't seen it! This is sweet!

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
A new addition to the The Ski collection. I have never seen these, Nano's that are wider than the older Nano's that we have. These are 157's and graphics that are unique, very subtle blocks.

fullsizeoutput_7926.jpeg

dan ross

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Dan, not sure but looking at the other skis, mid 90's.
The Sunday River mogul events were 92-95 I believe. That would date the circle skis at the beginning of the second round of production after he bought the company back .

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
I am hoping to visit Bobby at the Hall of Fame inductions in March.

RickyG

Faction Fan
Contributor
Gang I found this this other day, it's a The Ski sale brochure from when I was selling The Ski at my old ski shop "Turning Point Sports". I was needing to get the details of the inside of that generation TSM (The Ski Majic (sic)). Enjoy!

Attachments

• Page 1-1.jpg
    Page 1-1.jpg
    244.5 KB · Views: 37
  • Page 2-1.jpg
    Page 2-1.jpg
    215.4 KB · Views: 35
  • Page 3-1.jpg
    Page 3-1.jpg
    177.6 KB · Views: 34
  • Page 4-1.jpg
    Page 4-1.jpg
    210.4 KB · Views: 31
  • Spademan S9 Ski Binding Drawing Sheet 1.jpg
    Spademan S9 Ski Binding Drawing Sheet 1.jpg
    101 KB · Views: 32

Joal

Out on the slopes
Skier
This is going to be a fun winter! No I did not mount my undrilled red ones. Both had been drilled only once but needed 2 heli-coils each at the toe. Red ones 190s with new pivot 14s. Yellow 195 with Z5 3-10.

IMG_1651.JPG

Sponsor

Staff online

• Andy Mink
    Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January
  • Dwight
    Practitioner of skiing, solid and liquid
  • dbostedo
    Asst. Gathermeister