• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

All Things Arc'teryx

Lorenzzo

Be The Snow
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I have a fair amount of Arcteryx outerwear and mid layers. With as much skiing as I do, I appreciate clothing that is durable, feels good to wear, is highly functional, integrates well and is backed by customer service.

After several years of use some of the items I own needed repair mostly due to trees and ski edges. So I sent them back to Arcteryx. This is their response:

October 27, 2016

Hi Lorenzo

I've just assessed your Alpha SL Jacket and your Stinger and Sabre Pants here at the Arc'teryx repair center. I can see the issue with the tear on the pocket of the Alpha SL. On the Sabre Pants I noticed the small tear on the left leg and the bubbling on the keprotech fabric. On the Stinger Pants I noticed the gators peeling and the abrasion inside the cuff. Some of these are considered flaws that can be fixed under warranty, but we will get all of the issues repaired for you at no cost. We will get your jacket and pants working like new again and get them sent back to you.

Once the repairs are finished your jacket and pants will be sent back to the address posted below. Let me know if you have any questions or concerns.

Regards,

CM
After Sales Representative

ARC'TERYX Equipment Inc.
A Division of Amer Sports Canada Inc.
#110- 2220 Dollarton Hwy, North Vancouver, B.C. Canada, V7H 1A8
Tel. + 604 960-3001 ext 2524

Monique

bounceswoosh
Skier
They are pretty awesome. Two seasons ago, I had a brand-new pair of Sentinel pants (having gotten them on clearance at REI). I slid on some shark fins and tore the crap out of 'em. Contacted Arc'teryx, very clear about the fact that I had done the damage, and they said to go ahead and send 'em in for a look-see. They got back to me: "Well, it would be $80 for the repair, but we don't have the fabric in that color anymore - so how about you pick out a color from the current season, and we'll send a new pair to you for $80?"

I kind of wish I'd asked at that point if they'd do a contrasting color block, though I suspect they would never do that.

Anyway, can't say enough good things about their customer service.

bbinder

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Picking up a jacket and pants this weekend

Frankly

Upwind of NY
Pass Pulled
I went to Arcteryx from Patagonia a few years ago and haven't looked back. I like the simpler, lighter gear like the Theta AR jacket and Beta AR pants, the Atom SL insulating layer. They get all the details right the first time.

Their gloves run small and sometimes their colors aren't ideal. I wish they made more "short" ski pants as I hate dragging cuffs through the muck.

Ken_R

Living the Dream
Skier
I went from Patagonia to Arcteryx mainly due to the fit. The Patagonia garments are generally way too boxy for me.

I absolutely love the Arcteryx Venta MX Hooded Jacket. Looks like new even though I have had it for years. (Layer with baselayer and atom lt hoody under if very very cold, if not just light fleece)

Here as pic of me with my winter skiing setup.

IMG_2222.JPG

Sponsor

Staff online