• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Joal

Out on the slopes
Skier
All Things Amann

Amann Skis

This could be a very short "All Things". I just found one short blurb in a ski magazine from the sixties online and now I can't find it again. There was a favourable review ( aren't they all?) for an intermediate ski and mentioned Amann had been around for 40 years but mostly in Europe. Made in Austria.

edit: well, just found it again

https://books.google.ca/books?id=mZB24lBkeT4C&pg=PA78&lpg=PA78&dq=amann+ski&source=bl&ots=jW1suABDD9&sig=nkj-Ya1wA5uQV0tapac9oi4zECs&hl=en&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiu4LXjzobbAhUO0WMKHdVhBSw4ChDoAQguMAI#v=onepage&q=amann ski&f=false

190s
DSC04569.JPG

DSC04571.JPG

RickyG

Faction Fan
Contributor
Wow...every time I think I know what is out there in the ski world I get brought up short...thank you for expanding my knowledge!
Rick

DanoT

RVer-Skier
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Sun Peaks B.C. in winter, Victoria B.C. in summer
I had a pair of Amann skis, I think is was in the early 80s. One day while skiing a mogul run first the top sheet of one ski completely de-laminated and then a couple of turns later the other ski also de-laminated, with both curling all the way up to the binding toe piece. That night out came epoxy, clamps and a bolt through the ski tip. These repaired skis then lasted for years.

Sponsor

Staff online