• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

All New Fluoro Free Waxes From Dominator

Jacques

Workin' It on Skis Best I Can
Skier
With FIS putting a ban on fluoro waxes, wax makers are working on new wax formulas to use for top performance. Here is what is available from Dominator.

TS
Jacques

Jacques

Skier
I'll be doing my first glide on Elite this Monday (I hope) 12/7/20 I'll let you all know how I feel as the season goes along.
Any feedback from others that try this Dominator Elite line, please chime in.
It's fluoro free, but not free! Priced like HF waxes. Bonus: Antistatic included in all of them.
I ironed on some No. 2 NS and I can tell you it is a hard wax. (No. 1 even harder) You will need some heat in the iron.
Made Graphite Zoom seem soft. IDK, maybe the new polymers?

TS
Jacques

Jacques

Skier
Scraped and brushed the Elite No. 2 NS (New Snow) wax today.
Reacted as a pretty hard wax. Very dry and powder when brushing. Adhesion was good for such a hard wax. Polish looked very nice.
Directions for the No. 1 are to scrape 5 to 10 minutes after ironing. That stuff gotta' be super hard.

TS
Jacques

Jacques

Skier
Snow temp turned out to be more of a NS 3 day. The NS 2 still hauled some mail. I was impressed with the speed and glide.

TS
Jacques

Jacques

Skier
Durability? Breakaway speed changes during the day? Behaviour in wet/high humidity spots?
Too soon to say about durability for me.
I skied another pair today with Elite NS 2. Skis ran great. Then temps. got so warm in sun exposed areas that anything would feel the snow snakes. I called it a day.
For me, good durability is lasting at least three days of skiing at high speeds. Maybe 4 hours per day. Still this always depends on snow conditions and wax to match snow condition.
The problem today was still fresh snow content with high temps. Had it been a corn snow deal, that's usually a different ball of wax.

TS
Jacques

Jacques

Skier
Day four. Skied both pairs twice now. Elite NS 2. Some light rain and mist moved in and froze. After tilling the snow had a high ice content. The piste was very solid last two days.
The skis were rolling like on ball bearings. The glide speed was insane. Lots of high speed skiing.
The bases look great. A nice hard looking polish on them. Seems durability is going to be very good.
I am super impressed. The colder icy days were the fastest, but the skis still ran very fast under warmer conditions, and this NS 2 is hard!

TS
Jacques

Jacques

Skier
Day five. Same deal. NS 2. Third day on one of the test pairs. Fresh snow this time. Nothing packed tight. Speed of glide was slightly reduced from the icy hard pack. Go figure the sink and plow factor. On the run-outs.......passing folks by, even with a fat suit and no aero.
Bases still looking good. Still stoked.
Lot of storm coming, so I will take a break for a bit. I'll be back later.

TS
Jacques

Jacques

Skier
Well, I skied both pairs for four days each now. Conditions varied widely. They glided great in all the conditions based on the fact that I was passing everyone on the flat run outs. Some conditions were out of the waxes temp. range.
The bases still look superb.
I will ski them a bit more (five days at least), then show you the bases.

TS
Jacques

Jacques

Skier
Did you put multiple (like more than 5) wax-brush cycles in either of the bases?
Sure, way prior. Used Swix Glide Wax Cleaner. I only did a base prep. wax, then waxed with the Elite NS 2. Heated and cooled twice.

TS
Jacques

Jacques

Skier
Rewaxed with Elite NS 3. Conditions were too cold for it, but I did it anyway. Maybe getting a bit warmer tomorrow.
Here are the bases after some fast hard skiing. #gettherefirst

TS
Jacques

Jacques

Skier
That's impressive for 6 days.
Me too. I worked them hard! Not cheap, but I was able to use only about 10 grams to wax the skis. #fluorofree

TS
Jacques

Jacques

Skier
After 3 days on snow too cold for Elite NS 3, we take a look at the bases. Even though it was too soft of a wax for snow conditions, it has held up very well.

TS
Jacques

Jacques

Skier
Further update with Dominator Elite NS 3

TS
Jacques

Jacques

Skier
Further update with Dominator Elite NS 3

I should have said, I skied this NS 3 for three days, then waxed with NS 3 again, then the above is after 4 days of skiing the second waxing.

TS
Jacques

Jacques

Skier
Looking at water repellance with Elite NS 3

dcpnz

Booting up
Skier
Jacques,
What do you know about the paste version of these Elite waxes?
Presumably wont last as long as iron in version but might be more economical for race day over the top of something else.
thanks

Sponsor

Staff online