• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

James

Out There
Instructor
Some of my best ski purchases have been undemoed. I've also had good luck purchasing demo skis from online retailers. I tend to favor certain retailers so usually buy from the same places.

Since you are looking at a ski 85mm and fatter I think you'll be fine demoing early season since this is a ski that won't get heavy use till mid season ish. It must feel good you don't have to rush in making a decision. That aside you seem to know what you want so I bet you'll happen upon a summer or fall deal.

I think this is very exciting.
You and the OP should just buy a few and see what you like and trade off. But you need different sizes, oh well. Wait, you get them long anyway... So it could work!ogsmile

Here's a good discussion by @SkiEssentials on the 2019 Experience 88. The difference in the tips from the previous model is even greater in person. You should demo it next winter. 180 would be the size.
http://www.skiessentials.com/Chairlift-Chat/2019-Rossignol-Experience-88-Ti-Ski-Review/

surfsnowgirl

Instructor
Skier
Nooooooooo my skis are appropriate for me with my stats and the OP has different stats so our ski sizes are totally different but I like your sense of humor.

I just meant that buying skis undemoed and buying demo skis online do work for some people and can work for the OP.

I agree the new E88 sounds awesome so the OP should definitely put it on her list.

Last edited:

David Chaus

Beyond Help
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
I worry a bit about Cassiar 87's hard snow's performance because in the pugski long-term review for it someone mentioned they lose their composure on hard snow.

No, they don’t. They are stellar on hard snow. They were a little rattly on refrozen crud, as would most of the other skis you’re looking at.

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
How about now?
:popcorn:

markojp

mtn rep for the gear on my feet
Industry Insider
Instructor
To milk another round out of this thread, can I once again recommend the Navigator 90? ogsmile

François Pugh

Skiing the powder
Skier
Great White North (Eastern side currently)
I'll second the Elan Ripsticks. Also based on my experience with the 100-eight, I think the Völkl 90-eight is worth a demo; all the 100-eight lacked was ultimate lateral grip (I am usually on race skis), which also made it require a lot of real estate to stop from high speeds. Sci Canada write up here http://skicanadamag.com/big-mountain-test-2017/ (scroll down).

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
To milk another round out of this thread, can I once again recommend the Navigator 90? ogsmile
...or 85.

Seriously, the Nav 85, 90 and Invictus 89Ti all can be found for about 50% off right now. Are the E88 and Cassiar 87 better? Mayyybe...are they twice as good? I really cannot say that they are. But, YMMV.

Last edited:
TS
Olesya C

Olesya C

Always learning
Skier
I know everyone was waiting on me making up my mind, or not. :roflmao: I am excited to share that I just bought Armada Invictus 89Ti 2018 in 179 cm length. I got them for $345, couldn't resist the price! Thanks everyone for recommendations!

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
I know everyone was waiting on me making up my mind, or not. :roflmao: I am excited to share that I just bought Armada Invictus 89Ti 2018 in 179 cm length. I got them for $345, couldn't resist the price! Thanks everyone for recommendations!
:micdrop::yeah::micdrop:

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
That was like 40 minutes ago. You still good?

How about now? :P

Still good

:roflmao:

How about now?
:popcorn:

Nope still good.

I think she's in denial.

Hey I've only got 3 pairs of skis. I'll acquire more sure but no matter others have waaay more than me.

Back to topic please.
What did I just see on your Facebook feed? :roflmao::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::roflmao:

surfsnowgirl

Instructor
Skier
What did I just see on your Facebook feed? :roflmao::popcorn::roflmao::roflmao:

Well those have been in process for a month now. I didn't have them in my possession until the other day. Everyone knows that skis don't count until you have them in your possession. Even now they are bindingless and wrapped in plastic so I'd argue they don't count at this point.

:roflmao::beercheer:

Last edited:

Wendy

Resurrecting the Oxford comma
Admin
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Well those have been in process for a month now. I didn't have them in my possession until the other day. Everyone knows that skis don't count until you have them in your possession. Even now they are bindingless and wrapped in plastic so I'd argue they don't count at this point.

:roflmao::beercheer:

They Count! ogwink

Sponsor

Staff online