• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Alba Adventures

Getting on the lift
Skier

Winter's Promise - by Alicia Alba

Most people think of winter as the
coldest season of the year,
for hibernating
for migrating
(To some place warm)

But we say if you are going to live in the cold
you might as well
start skiing and
join in the fun.

You never know what to expect,
Every year will be different.
Just when you think it will never be
Or there will just be a deep freeze,
It will happen…

While your body will be chilled at first,
Your heart will be warmed
Just go with it
And tough it out.

It's not until you experience the elements,
That you thought were ice needles
will turn to Diamond Dust…

And it is then that you will be waiting for Winter's Promise….

TS
Alba Adventures

Alba Adventures

Getting on the lift
Skier
Sharing some of the latest comments on our work -

"The Albas take family ski movies to a whole other level - I was thoroughly entertained".

And another...

"Well done, I did not expect this to be this good"..

All we ask is you take a look
1f609.png
;) We can use the BIG THUMBS up on youtube if you enjoyed our latest - Link is above...

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
I always enjoy your family's adventures. Thanks for sharing. Hope you inspire other families to get out and enjoy skiing.

TS
Alba Adventures

Alba Adventures

Getting on the lift
Skier
Thank you so much and for putting our edit on your home page. Really, we are so thankful. Flattered in fact.. Alicia and I have been trying hard to get better at this. Still so much to learn though thankful that you always have taken the time to review our work.

We will be giving a HUGE shoutout to Pugski later today...

Hugs,
Ray, Alicia and the Alba clan..

Mendieta

Master of Snowplow
SkiTalk Tester
Contributor
I always enjoy your family's adventures. Thanks for sharing. Hope you inspire other families to get out and enjoy skiing.

Yes, in days of screens everywhere and all the time, getting out and playing together on the snow, as a family, is so refreshing.

I had to watch witthout sound, so perhaps this is explained in the edit and I missed it, but who are these other people that show on the edit? Friends? Locals?

You might wanna share some bits here about the trip ... the inside scoop for puggers ;)

Cheers!
:beercheer:

TS
Alba Adventures

Alba Adventures

Getting on the lift
Skier
Hey Menidea,

Firstly, A HUGE THANK YOU for even taking the time off from watching our last web episode. To answer your question, its all the above. Everyone we record, we make friends from filming them, or asking them to be filmed. Some are locals, some are regulars, others are new. This episode was really meant to be sort of a PSA to motivate families to ski - and the emails and messages we have gotten have reflected just that. Many of the people that follow us have already scheduled trips to ski, some to our home mountain with their families. Though we don't have a large say YouTube audience, we do have many friends across the world that follow us on FaceBook (personal and public page) and we obviously post on the forums, including this wonderful site PugSki..

In regards to format, most of our followers have seen our edits over the years with a big emphasis of Pico our home mountain. Though we do shoot at other places/mountains the last couple of years had some MAJOR hurdles for us. 2 years ago, the East Coast was just hit tremendously hard and literally there was no point traveling to other places to ski other than Pico where are pass holders (we lost over 1500 in day passes that season). Then last year, my wife and better half tore her ACL though through aggressive therapy and a bracing, still managed to get in 48 days in last season.. Crazy bad a** wife I have.. Love her to death! 28 years she has put of with me ;).

If you can take a look at our other work on here under trip reports or on YouTube that would be great.

https://www.youtube.com/c/AlbaAdventures - is our channel and if you can subscribe too - that would be AWESOME - sadly have to get 800 more to meet the 1000 subscriber minimum to make .0005 of a penny for runtime - though it all counts. Right now it's negative $$ we make ;).

Some of our favorite episodes are below:

Peaceful Valley which Gore still has on their media page and its 2 years old..

Perfect day from last season

Ascent - which if you had had an injury you might like this

And the one we asked all of our friends to watch and Jay Peak promoted..

The format changed as we matured and we have been consulted by even people like Jordan Manley who happens to also like some of our work. We are not pros, just a mom, dad and kids that love to tell our stories.

We hope you like what we do..

Best,

Ray

Sponsor

Staff online