• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

New England Alba Adventures – Season 5 Episode 1 – CHASING RIBBONS – Okemo and Killington, VT

What did you think?

• To long

Votes: 3 100.0%
  • Just right

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • More skiing less story

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Alba Adventures

Getting on the lift
Skier
It has been a while since we posted here and checking in with Tricia and Phil, I am glad to say, we will be active members of the PUGSKi community. Some of you may have seen our work on EpicSki and we hope that you don't mind us posting our video stories here. Our emphasis is family skiing and motivating families to ski . So far, that is kind of working.

Here is our 1st episode of the season "Chasing Ribbons" that we hope you enjoy, like and or share.

Chasing Ribbons

With the rivers still flowing
And snow just starting to fall
Our ski season begins
Hoping to see many of our friends like us
Chasing Ribbons of snow

We expected partially wrapped gifts
Though these presents seem worth unwrapping
These gifts are not ready yet

As the ribbons get covered in Winter’s white
We anticipate a magnificent season ahead

While days creep closer to winter
Killington has become its own Jack Frost

These gifts seem more complete
As the ribbons make full contact with nature’s wrapping.

Even though we may only be skiing ribbons
We know that the full gifts are yet to come
Soon, Chasing Ribbons no more

#albaadventures

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
People's attention spans are short. 2-3 minutes is about the max they will watch a video. If you go into your YouTube analytics you will see how long people watch. With that said, you can do two versions, short (edited/condensed) and full length, like you have here, one for friends and family and one for others. I love the family aspect and I also like seeing many of the landmarks and trails I recall from my time back east.

TS
Alba Adventures

Alba Adventures

Getting on the lift
Skier
Peoples attention spans are short. 2-3 minutes is about the max they will watch a video. If you go into your YouTube analytics you will see how long people watch. With that said, you can do two versions, short (edited/condensed) and full length, like you have here, one for friends and family and one for others. I love the family aspect and I also like seeing many of the landmarks and trails I recall from my time back east.

Thanks Phil,

That is the thing - the analytics, regardless of how long it is, show essentially the same statistics. We loaded this video 3 times with the last time having the best performance for view time. I am less concerned about actually impressions as we have 2 and 3 minute videos that are being viewed 30 to 40% rather than 60%.. This has 59% rating so far.. We agree big time, that 2 to 3 minutes is all people can manage.. It is good to know what people think and we are very thankful for your feedback..

HAPPY NEW YEAR to you. Oh, and if you find yourself this way, let us know. We are down the road from Killington most weekends.

Ray

James

Out There
Instructor
The kids are getting better.
Like the music.
When were you at Okemo, Thanksgiving weekend?

TS
Alba Adventures

Alba Adventures

Getting on the lift
Skier
The kids are getting better.
Like the music.
When were you at Okemo, Thanksgiving weekend?

Hey James..

It has been a while. Yes, the kids are for sure getting better - way better than Alicia or I! We have been doing drills with them and occasionally get some free coaching ;) from friends we have made while making our videos. I can say we are the slow ones now for sure.

Thanks for watching the edit and the music for sure was a what really made this edit we think. We got the idea from a friend's comment on one of our post and it turns out the lyrics to the first song has the words "Chasing Your Fear Away".... See image.

As for the dates - we skied there before Turkey day. Though this footage is all from 12/9 for Okemo and 12/10 for Killington.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-01-01 at 11.38.42 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-01-01 at 11.38.42 PM.png
    179.5 KB · Views: 1

Sponsor

Staff online