• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Advice for a waxing/tuning beginner

raytseng

Making fresh tracks
Skier
My advice,

Just do wax first. Don't worry about stones/files and edges until you've done ~5 waxes. That's Level2. You can save that for your next purchase, and is enough that you'd qualify for free shipping again anyway.

Talisman

Out on the slopes
Skier
Thanks a lot for the advice guys. This is strictly for recreational purposes. Im willing to spend a little money on this... What do you guys think of my list;

5mm plexi scraper
2 binding bands
Large Oval Hard Brass Brush
Large Oval Hard Nylon Brush

Provided this is for recreation:

A windshield scraper from an auto-parts store works great for taking off the heavy wax and then switch to the 5mm scraper (keeps it sharper longer).
Binding bands are good, but you can use the bands from heads of broccoli
To save a few loonies, you can use a plastic handled brass brush from Lowe's or Home Depot from the plumbing section and a plastic handled "vegetable brush" with hard nylon bristles from a kitchen supply aisle. When you do base repairs the "sure form" planes and scraping irons can also come from Lowe's, Ace or Home Depot at less than a ski tune shop will sell them.

I use Toko all temperature wax purchased in .25 kilo blocks for short money 99% of the time. Super cold days I use green Swix and in the spring yellow Swix.

TS
Hostilebynature

Hostilebynature

Booting up
Skier
Hey guys, i ended up buying this toko training wax without noticing. Should I exchange it firba different type? Like I said earlier, im an intermediate recreational skiier

TS
Hostilebynature

Hostilebynature

Booting up
Skier
I got three ranges. Yellow, red and blue. They're unopened and I can exchange them for the world Cup (race wax) instead if you guys think I should.
Which Toko training wax? You're probably fine, just want to make sure of temp ranges.

Sponsor

Staff online