• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Adjusting DIN on kids skis

Hannah Selkirk

In the parking lot (formerly "At the base lodge")
Skier
Both ski shops (independent and box store) in town are out of the size boot I need for my daughter. I can get the boot she wants online but then need to adjust the bindings. She has the typical kids skis with the sliding adjustable bindings. The independant charges $30 for kids binding adjustment and the box store charges $10 (not sure why such a difference). I have watched multiple videos and instructions on how to calculate and adjust the DIN and read what posts I could find on here. Is this something that I should be able to do or would you leave it to the experts.

tube77

Getting on the lift
Skier
I would just do it myself. Straightforward and easy.

Wilhelmson

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Go to the shop and if they arent busy ask them to show you how.

pchewn

Skiing the powder
Skier
It is straightforward and easy to do. But if this is your 1st time, have someone walk you through it. Someone who has done it before ..... hopefully MANY times before.

Slim

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Does the fee include testing the bindings’ release” If so, pay the money. If not, DYI

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
DIN is easy. Forward pressure is a little more complicated,

TS
H

Hannah Selkirk

In the parking lot (formerly "At the base lodge")
Skier
I’m confident I can do the DINs I just wanted to make sure others did it to. I will have to look into the forward pressure.
I’m looking into doing it myself as I have had errors from shops, one where only when my daughter had to come out of her lesson because he ski kept falling off. When we got the bindings checked we found that the bindings were too big for the boot and wouldn’t even go down that small. I had to get new boots (I bought the boots and skis together in the shop that fit them)

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
When we are talking small children, setting get into the .25 of numbers and it still comes down to how man Nm it actually takes for the binding to release. A little piece of mind does go a long way here. $10-25 for making sure the binding is set correct isn't out of the ordinary, how is that compared to your insurance deductible? ;)

François Pugh

Skiing the powder
Skier
Great White North (Eastern side currently)
Forward pressure has to be correct. A boot that is too small for where the binding is set will not have the forward pressure set correctly. Check forward pressure with the boot locked in the binding. Adjust the forward pressure with the boot out of the binding.

Sponsor