• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Actors/actresses that never really floated your boat

markojp

mtn rep for the gear on my feet
Industry Insider
Instructor
Haha. I am on the process of binge watching ST:TNG and is is bad enough that she was in the fist season as Tasha, the producers doubled down to bring her back later on as her back later on (Season 5) as her own half Romulan daughter. She is no Jeri Ryan.

Nothing physical, just really bad acting.

markojp

mtn rep for the gear on my feet
Industry Insider
Instructor
Isn't she Bing Crosby's grandaughter or something?? Anyway...forced is the word I'd use about her acting ability...ahem..
Grand daughter.

James

Out There
Instructor
He's certainly got more range than apparent - A Very English Scandal
Yes, Hugh Grant was quite good in that. Maybe one needs to see it twice. You kind of expect any moment Hugh will laugh it off and return to romantic comedy.

RobSN

Out on the slopes
Skier
Sandra Bollocks has been mentioned a few times, and she has certainly evinced no acting ability in anything I've seen her in. I will never forgive her and the idiots who voted for her (because some guy had just chucked her) and gave her the Oscar for "The Blind Side". This left the young Carey Mulligan Oscar-less for one of the most amazing movies and the most amazing acting I'd seen in very many years in "An Education". Interestingly, although it is advertised as story by Nick Hornby, it actually is merely a screenplay of an extraordinary true story about the UK journalist Lynn Barber as a teenager in the 1960s ...

DoryBreaux

Not the Pixar Character
Industry Insider
SkiTalk Tester
Hayden Christensen - I've never seen him in anything that I felt he played well.
Sandra Bullwhatever - again, never seen her in anything that was compelling enough to watch again.
Woody Allen - just never found him funny. Maybe I need to give him another try.
Chris Pine - zZzZzZz
Mel Gibson - with the exception of Road Warrior (don't talk to me about thunder dome) he always bugs me.
Stallone - just doesn't do it for me (I can deal with the Rambo films, that's about it though.
Liv Taylor - almost ruined LOTR movies for me. I think it's the airy monotone delivery she has.
Rebel Wilson - I'm noticing a trend here... With the exception of JoJo Rabit, I've hated every room I've ever seen her in.
Ben Affleck - just don't like his acting persona
Tom Cruise - his character in Tropic Thunder was awesome. Other than that, blagh.
Michael Cera - talk about playing the same character in every movie...
Julia Roberts - her acting just feels shallow
Zach Galifianakis - again same room, every time
Jack Black - don't feel like this one needs much explanation...
Adam Sandler

cantunamunch

Meh
Skier
Hayden Christensen - I've never seen him in anything that I felt he played well.

:thumb:

Mel Gibson - with the exception of Road Warrior (don't talk to me about thunder dome) he always bugs me.

He was OK in Gallipoli - the bullishness and arrogance made sense in a champion runner; the wildeyed expressions he uses for emotional depth made sense as shell-shock too.

Liv Taylor - almost ruined LOTR movies for me. I think it's the airy monotone delivery she has.

:thumb: Fortunately she doesn't seem to figure into any of the Amazon Second Age/early Third Age storylines.

Uncle-A

In the words of Paul Simon "You can call me Al"
Skier
Sandra Bullwhatever - again, never seen her in anything that was compelling enough to watch again.
Woody Allen - just never found him funny. Maybe I need to give him another try.
Chris Pine - zZzZzZz
Stallone - just doesn't do it for me (I can deal with the Rambo films, that's about it though.
Rebel Wilson - I'm noticing a trend here... With the exception of JoJo Rabit, I've hated every room I've ever seen her in.
Ben Affleck - just don't like his acting persona
Tom Cruise - his character in Tropic Thunder was awesome. Other than that, blagh.
Michael Cera - talk about playing the same character in every movie...
Julia Roberts - her acting just feels shallow
Zach Galifianakis - again same room, every time
Jack Black - don't feel like this one needs much explanation...
Adam Sandler
I have to agree with you on Woody Allen, Zack Galifiniaki, and Jack Black. Woody Allen is too neurotic, and the other two glorify being a stoner and a slacker. We don't need to have impressionable youth see that as a good thing.

cantunamunch

Meh
Skier
Yes, Hugh Grant was quite good in that. Maybe one needs to see it twice. You kind of expect any moment Hugh will laugh it off and return to romantic comedy.

Maybe. Comparing expectations, HG was a far better fit for that role than Eastwood was for Bridges of Madison Snooze.

James

Out There
Instructor
I have to agree with you on Woody Allen, Zack Galifiniaki, and Jack Black. Woody Allen is too neurotic, and the other two glorify being a stoner and a slacker. We don't need to have impressionable youth see that as a good thing.
Jack Black in School of Rock?
Hilarious, and positive.
Woody Allen’s Broadway Danny Rose is outstanding.

Last edited:

Uncle-A

In the words of Paul Simon "You can call me Al"
Skier
Jack Black in School of Rock?
Hilarious, and positive.
Woody Allen’s Broadway Danny Rose is outstanding.
In School of Rock he was a fraud he started as a real slacker no teaching certificate. BTW the young actor that was the keyboard player was from the town that I taught in NJ and he was one of my students. He was a good student and a nice person.

Tony S

I have a confusion to make ...
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Marilyn Monroe

Tony S

I have a confusion to make ...
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
She was an actress? I thought she was just known for standing on subway grates.

:P

Well exactly. If I had to pick an actor to stand on a subway grate, I wouldn't pick her for that either.