• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Actors/actresses that never really floated your boat

Jim Kenney

Travel Correspondent
Team Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
Gonna shoot down some big name guys and extremely attractive women, not that they were always bad, many have been in some great films. I just don't find their onscreen personas alone that appealing enough make me want to see a film or guarantee that I'll like a film that they are in.

Men:
Daniel Day Lewis (a lot of talent, but I find him histrionic, been in some great movies though)
Sean Penn (find him tiresome sometimes)
Leo DiCaprio (liked him more as a kid, often leaves me cold in adult roles)
Will Smith (kind of funny, but hard to take serious, terrible in genie movie)
Jason Robards (smarmy, but in some great old flicks)

Women:
Angelina Jolie (usually leaves me cold, has not been in a lot of great films for such a big name)
Kate Winslet (ok, but probably hasn't appeared in enough films of the sort I like)
Jane Fonda (another that leaves me cold, her politics don't help either)
Liz Taylor (often found her specious)
Ava Gardner (had to reach way back for this one, just always seemed like lightweight eyecandy)

Bonus comments: believe or not, I didn't really care for Tom Hanks until about mid-way through his career. Found him often goofy or smartass. It was Saving Private Ryan, that made me start to see the greatness in him. McConaughey - like many of you I found him very annoying in early roles. He's an example of eyecandy for ladies (I think?) that hung around long enough to learn some craft and I find him more watchable in certain later films.

Andy Mink

Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
Angelina Jolie (usually leaves me cold, has not been in a lot of great films for such a big name)
I thought she was really good in Salt and Mr. And Mrs. Smith. I honestly haven't seen a lot of, if any, of her other movies.

James

Out There
Instructor
Aren’t they all just called “actors” these days?
Between this and the music bands, there’s a lot of sinking boats...

TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Rebel Wilson. Gawd, how does she get cast in movies.

James

Out There
Instructor
Keanu Reeves. Dude...

I luv Alec Baldwin on SNL but not the movies I've seen him in.
Hunt for Red October?
He was pretty good in Motherless Brooklyn.
Not a movie, but 30 Rock was very funny.
His brother William I’d put on this list. Unless you need like an insane android.

cantunamunch

Meh
Skier
In no particular order, I'm sure there's others:

Kevin Costner
Viggo Mortensen
Elijah Wood
Chow Yun Fat
Richard Chamberlain
Ioan Gruffud (maybe excepting the Hornblower series)
Douglas Henshall
Jennifer Love Hewitt
Sandra Bullock
Molly Ringwald
Julia Roberts

Uncle-A

In the words of Paul Simon "You can call me Al"
Skier
I never cared much for the work of Donald Sutherland, Robert De nero, James Colburn, Alec Baldwin, Jim Carrey and for the women Angelina Jolie, Rebel Wilson, Alexis Bledel, Rosanna Arquette, Lisa Kudro. I will stop at five each for now but will probably add more later.

ksampson3

Giving 80% effort 100% of the time
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
This far into the list and no one has said Pacino??? Ruins almost every movie with his over acting. Ok, not Godfather but pretty much anything he's done in the past 30 years.

Jenny

Making fresh tracks
Skier
This far into the list and no one has said Pacino??? Ruins almost every movie with his over acting. Ok, not Godfather but pretty much anything he's done in the past 30 years.
Actually, started to put him down and then realized I have never actually seen him in a movie, ever. Never been interested enough.

Sponsor

Staff online