• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Acclaimed backcountry skier Andrew McLean faces charges

DanoT

RVer-Skier
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Sun Peaks B.C. in winter, Victoria B.C. in summer
Two things about McLean's actions that I find puzzling: I am not a hunter but still I would expect that there could be several game cameras near a game stand yet McLean got caught on one. I am surprised by this.

Also if he is an eco warrior, even a covert one, once he got caught and admitted what he did, why not use the oppourtunity to publicly further his "cause" by explaining publicly why he did what he did?

Even smart people sometimes do dumb things, I guess.

DanoT

RVer-Skier
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
That would most likely be against the advice of his lawyer, and rightly so. The more he says, the more they can nail him with.

^^^True enough, but his lawyer most likely didn't want him admitting to anything or apologizing in the first place. So, all I am saying is that if you are not going to follow your lawyer's advice and then publicly admit that you are guilty, then you might as well at the same time advance your cause by telling the public why you did it.

Daniel

Out on the slopes
Skier
Polly Samuels McLean is a Park City Assistant City Attorney and has been for 13 years. Prior to that she was a State of Utah Assistant Attorney General. Her father is an attorney. What part of her background, law school education, and work history convinced her that damaging and stealing other individual's property was an appropriate activity to engage in? Furthermore, once the determination to steal had been reached (apparently on numerous occasions with numerous victims), what legal rationale guided her decision making to store all the stolen property in her and her husband's two Park City homes? Don't we as citizens of the State of Utah hold individuals in positions of power such as Polly Samuels McLean to a higher standard?

Nancy Hummel

Ski more, talk less.
Instructor
SkiTalk Supporter
It seems like Polly could have made a few phone calls to the right people who could have removed the items if there was a legal basis to do so. Seems like she may have ruined her career.

I do not believe anyonec has the right to destroy others prioerty, no matter how how offensive it is.
There are legsal ways to do it

Last edited:

DanoT

RVer-Skier
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
It seems like Polly could have made a few phone calls to the right people who could have removed the items if there was a legal basis to do so. Seems like she may have ruined her career.

I do not believe anyonec has the right to destroy others prioerty, no matter how how offensive it is.
There are legsal ways to do it

A lot of zealots operate under the belief that "the end justifies the means", when in fact it rarely does. This belief that allows zealots to say or do whatever, in the name of their "cause", is often their undoing.

Jim McDonald

愛スキー
Skier
Sorry to complain, but just deleting the misquote now makes me look like an asshole.

Jim McDonald

愛スキー
Skier
Insulted. Which was the only reason I posted in the first place.
I've got no dog in this hunt (pun intended) about the couple but I abhor baseless insults.

Sponsor