• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

ABC News Correspondents in Freeride Systems

Yo Momma

Making fresh tracks
Skier
I have a neighbor who was in the graduating class of a Philadelphia area network bigwig meteorologist weatherperson. You should hear what the neighbor has to say :roflmao:and the neighbor is very accomplished too!

On the other hand, I had a NBC jacket when I was around the legal age to drink in my state and I had no affiliation with the network ... I could've been one of those obnoxious a-holes on the lifts :huh: nah :), I was the a-hole in a Bogner outfit. :rolleyes: I wasn't about to wear that cheep network schmatta on the slopes at a time when Ktown locals skied in full length beaver coats and fox or raccoon taxidermy animal head hats! :eek:

I've dealt w/ "media pple" in my past days in NYC in various arenas and for the most part they were pretty chill w/o the logos.......... maybe it's just a ski + logo thing??? LOL........... except when I kinda "lost my Cool" w/ one reporter as I had a TOTAL CRUSH on her............ I could barely speak.....one of the most intelligent women I've ever met and she was highly involved in the civil rights movement in the 60's...... I've never been "star-struck" and could honestly care less, until that moment...... she just smiled and helped me through the polite conversation............ I needed Depends! :D

MaCC

Booting up
Skier
I see a mountain with a creative Colorado image.
FS_300x200.jpg
looks pretty darn clear to me, I see a contemporary font "F" and "S" a blue based mountain with white apex, overall a colorado flag reference (which since they are made in Colorado seems rather fitting) and a pac man :P hidden in there subliminally like the arrow hidden in Fedex's logo

I give it a thumbs up !! :thumb::thumb::thumb:

Not even close to looking like a warning sign of any kind. In fact I find that reference odd.

I read up on both of these brands and they are owned by the same company. They appear to be small, made in Colorado and from research on another forum, I found that ABC didn't want the words freeride on TV and they paid the company for the jackets and were not product placements.

I find it quite cool and authentic that of all the ski brands that come out of Colorado, this one actually makes their gear there.

neonorchid

Making fresh tracks
Skier
I think the logo has room for improvement and if nothing else would look better on the actual garment if they lose the brand name under the logo.
Secondly and not as important visually but it may or may not look better if they tweak the triangle to be closer to an isosceles triangle, IDK. Abate the elongated look. Again, the simple fix would be to move the brand name elsewhere, like on a sleeve the same as some place "Goretex" text, or dare I say on the hood as Arc'teryx has been doing of late.
It's not unheard of for companies to alter the logo's on their garments from time to time, actually it occurs quite often. Personally, I think doing so couldn't hurt here. Just my opinion.

Last edited:

MaCC

Booting up
Skier
I think the logo has room for improvement and if nothing else would look better on the actual garment if they lose the brand name under the logo.
Secondly and not as important visually but it may or may not look better if they tweak the triangle to be closer to an isosceles triangle, IDK. Abate the elongated look. Again, the simple fix would be to move the brand name elsewhere, like on a sleeve the same as some place "Goretex" text, or dare I say on the hood as Arc'teryx has been doing of late.
It's not unheard of for companies to alter the logo's on their garments from time to time, actually it occurs quite often. Personally, I think doing so couldn't hurt here. Just my opinion.

All good points, although I believe that it all boils down to we all have opinions. Design improvements can always be had as I believe the more eyes on something the better the outcome. Maybe the lack of multiple naming placements has something to do with either cost or not wanting a NASCAR effect. Who knows for sure? Could be a good question to field to the company.

I just really like the fact that the darn things are made in the States and even more pleased in Colorado from mountain people. I can't find a single outerwear jacket I own (other than an old Berkely down jkt from 1978) that is made Stateside. I think this is a really strong point for the brand. Strong enough that if the quality is high, I am buying. I am looking for retailers, but they seem to gravitate toward direct online distribution. There is one dealer on the list that is close by, so I am heading that way in the next week or so. I have seen the pictures on these forums and others and the reviews and I suspect that the quality is very high. I am excited about owning a high quality domestic ski garment that has the Colorado flag overtones in the logo. That will set me apart from the masses and I will feel good about the purchase too. Now, if they could just make pants ! :D

jmeb

Enjoys skiing.
Skier
All good points, although I believe that it all boils down to we all have opinions. Design improvements can always be had as I believe the more eyes on something the better the outcome. Maybe the lack of multiple naming placements has something to do with either cost or not wanting a NASCAR effect. Who knows for sure? Could be a good question to field to the company.

I just really like the fact that the darn things are made in the States and even more pleased in Colorado from mountain people. I can't find a single outerwear jacket I own (other than an old Berkely down jkt from 1978) that is made Stateside. I think this is a really strong point for the brand. Strong enough that if the quality is high, I am buying. I am looking for retailers, but they seem to gravitate toward direct online distribution. There is one dealer on the list that is close by, so I am heading that way in the next week or so. I have seen the pictures on these forums and others and the reviews and I suspect that the quality is very high. I am excited about owning a high quality domestic ski garment that has the Colorado flag overtones in the logo. That will set me apart from the masses and I will feel good about the purchase too. Now, if they could just make pants ! :D

PM @TheBestSkier with any questions -- he's one of their small staff.

Quality is as high as any outdoor piece I own -- easily on par with Patagucci, Dead Bird, Trew, Flylow, etc. Most of their gear comes with a "Made in CO" emblem somewhere on it. Making gear in the state is very important to them.

Somewhere I have a long PM from their owner about why they don't make pants. the tl;dr is: Pants are more labor intensive, and get warrantied far more often. It isn't a viable practice when they are competing against people who can source their pants from Asia for <$40 a pair when warranty is needed.

MaCC

Booting up
Skier
I promise not to make any pants returns or warranties if they will make them, if that helps

TheBestSkier

Getting on the lift
Skier
I'm sorry I haven't been able to comment on here. I tore my Achilles tendon and then picked up the flu so I haven't been able to do much.

ABC buys their jackets. Their first order allowed us to buy better equipment and fabrics. If it wasn't for them we wouldn't have the products we do today. Most of their jackets are custom but all of our jackets are based off the same design. With all the storm coverage there were lots of requests for "the ABC" jacket from individuals. There are a lot of disappointed folks out there that aren't ABC employees. These conversations are have been entertaining.

We mostly sell direct to customer because that's the only way to be profitable in this market with made in US goods. The few retailers we have are friends we've worked with since the beginning. We wouldn't be here without them so we won't cut them out.

We will produce ski pants one day. For now check out the Prospect pants. Size up on your waist.

Sponsor