• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

ABC News Correspondents in Freeride Systems

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Has anyone else noticed that the ABC News Correspondents working in Houston during Hurricane Harvey are wearing Colorado Freeride Systems Jackets?
That shows just how hearty these jackets are in wet weather.
http://abcnews.go.com/US/harvey-now-tropical-storm-makes-landfall-louisiana/story?id=49507156
Screen Shot 2017-09-04 at 8.05.02 AM.png

TS
Tricia

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
I adore our friends at Freeride Systems, but I'm really sad to see so many of their jackets in the news lately. :(

TS
Tricia

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
IMG_5803.JPG
IMG_5806.JPG

Crank

Making fresh tracks
Skier
It's called product placement.

I used to get a ton of Peal Izumi, TNF, Columbia and Camelback gear when I was with OLN.

jmeb

Enjoys skiing.
Skier
Technically they're in Fulsus jackets I believe -- a different brand because "Freeride" was too hippy-dippy or core: https://fulsususa.com. Same company, same people, same gear. It's a huge piece of business for FreeRide Systems I'm sure.

It's not classic product placement from my understanding -- as in, I don't think FreeRide Systems is paying to be there or giving them purely free gear. Pretty sure they are making money on it because ABC wanted the best Made in the USA gear. And FreeRide Systems is it.

Crank

Making fresh tracks
Skier
It's not classic product placement from my understanding -- as in, I don't think FreeRide Systems is paying to be there or giving them purely free gear. Pretty sure they are making money on it because ABC wanted the best Made in the USA gear. And FreeRide Systems is it.

Yeah...that doesn't happen.

TS
Tricia

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
When we were tlalking to @TheBestSkier I recall him saying that they were submitting a quote or samples or something to a major media outlet. I'm guessing that ABC Paid for the uniform jackets.

TS
Tricia

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Actually I did, particularly because I couldn't miss their logo which I just can't get past:( Reminds me of some kind of hazzard warning.:duck:Shame, because the shells seem really nice and I am a fan of Polartec Neoshell.
Hmmm, I don't see a hazard warning. Maybe I'm missing it.

SBrown

So much better than a pro
Skier
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
When we were tlalking to @TheBestSkier I recall him saying that they were submitting a quote or samples or something to a major media outlet. I'm guessing that ABC Paid for the uniform jackets.

Yeah, it's been a few years since ABC was wearing those, IIRC. Not a new thing.

TS
Tricia

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
I see a mountain with a creative Colorado image.
FS_300x200.jpg

coskigirl

Skiing the powder
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Maybe if the triangle of the mountain was more prominent I would make the association but with the Colorado symbol being bigger and in the foreground it just never would occur to me to associate with the hazard symbols.

Mothertucker

Sweep Dodger
Skier
Actually I did, particularly because I couldn't miss their logo which I just can't get past:( Reminds me of some kind of hazzard warning.:duck:Shame, because the shells seem really nice and I am a fan of Polartec Neoshell.
Pac-Man?

FS_300x200.jpg

neonorchid

Making fresh tracks
Skier
FS_300x200.jpg
I never saw the logo that enlarged and clear. Didn't even know the orange was an F and a S. I am going by what I saw on their website, the jacket pix others here posted and the anchormen pix.
That said, I do not like the ballance! The print below further elongates - dosn't fit. "Too Many Notes"!
If it were up to me I'd fire the graphic designer and start again, revamp the line, besides it's already schizophrenic with the two dirrerent brand names, Freeride Systems and Fulsus!
Think simple.
Just saying :duck:
Maybe if the triangle of the mountain was more prominent I would make the association but with the Colorado symbol being bigger and in the foreground it just never would occur to me to associate with the hazard symbols.
Look at it on the garments, cant miss it. It's not so much the triangle as the overall visual of the logo and the txt below. I just don't like it and as I said it reminds me of a decal on an escape hatch of a military plane or the bio-hazard warning decals I see all over every other thing in the doctors office or some other warning decal. Sorry, thats what I see.

That too.

Yo Momma

Making fresh tracks
Skier
OMG interesting............ was just talking to GF(Girlfriend) about these network logo jckts. Unfortunately, just about every person i've run into on a chairlift skiing in a CBS, NBC or ABC jacket has been a HUGE A-hole! ......... not just obnoxious...... but I mean bonafide AHole! ......If you're wearing your company logo, it's your responsibility to represent your company in a positive light........ I think..... Maybe it's just ME!!!!!! :huh: ............ feel free to troll here!:duck:

Last edited:

Lorenzzo

Be The Snow
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
OMG interesting............ was just talking to GF(Girlfriend) about these network logo jckts. Unfortunately, just about every person i've run into on a chairlift skiing in a CBS, NBC or ABC jacket has been a HUGE A-hole! ......... not just obnoxious...... but I mean bonafide AHole! ......If you're wearing your company logo, it's your responsibility to represent your company in a positive light........ I think..... Maybe it's just ME!!!!!! :huh: ............ feel free to troll here!:duck:
So then maybe those people should switch to jackets with toxic emblems.

neonorchid

Making fresh tracks
Skier
I have a neighbor who was in the graduating class of a Philadelphia area network bigwig meteorologist weatherperson. You should hear what the neighbor has to say :roflmao:and the neighbor is very accomplished too!

On the other hand, I had a NBC jacket when I was around the legal age to drink in my state and I had no affiliation with the network ... I could've been one of those obnoxious a-holes on the lifts :huh: nah :), I was the a-hole in a Bogner outfit. :rolleyes: I wasn't about to wear that cheep network schmatta on the slopes at a time when Ktown locals skied in full length beaver coats and fox or raccoon taxidermy animal head hats! :eek: