• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

tball

Unzipped
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
The expense of running two lifts for MTB seems like it will be a big disadvantage. The other front range resorts only run one lift last I checked. I'd be surprised if A-basin runs both lifts very often, maybe just weekends in July and August? Summer busy season is short.
Here's another thought. Maybe what we are looking at here will be mostly an e-MTB park on the upper mountain.

I'm all for it. No need to run Lenawee with e-bikes hauling all but a few super fit riders to the top.

With separate trails for up, down and hikers conflict should be minimal. I see this as being very different than adding e-MTB's to trails that already have substantial conflict. It could even be an example of e-bikes getting trails built. Pretty cool.

Last edited:

nay

dirt heel pusher
Skier
I bet they just run BMX and shuttle up the road (or let you earn it).

Would make a nice 9 mile loop - that’s fairly typical vert @1,700 over 4+ miles. Maybe ride it once and then take the assist for a second downhill so you earned that beer.

kimmyt

My Rack Is Bigger Than Yours
Skier
Oh man, what a bummer that they're requiring a guide for the Via Ferrata. I would prefer them to have the option of a guide or nonguided, but you have to rent the equipment from the mountain and fill out a waiver or something. That would maintain pretty free access (most climbers do not have VF lanyards and setup, though many of us might jury rig one with slings and screamers although honestly I'd rather just rent a dedicated setup), allowing experienced climbers the chance to do it on their own while also helping the novice to participate. Via Ferratas are super fun, and while they're not the same as technical climbing, they can still be plenty challenging and scary. I'll probably still go check it out as long as its not too expensive, since Telluride is too far for me to trek.