• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

A World Series Poll: Did you stay up for Game 3 in the World Series

Did you stay up until the end of game 3?

• Yes

Votes: 10 34.5%
  • No

Votes: 19 65.5%

• Total voters

Doug Briggs

"Douche Bag Local"
Industry Insider
SkiTalk Tester
I went to bed after the 11th inning. I didn't have enough beer in the fridge.

As it wasn't a pivotal game, I figured knowing the result could wait. I only watch baseballif the Red Sox are in the WS. I'm a fair weather fan.

Last edited:

tch

What do I know; I'm just some guy on the internet.
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Game ended 3:30 a,m. Eastern time. Need I say more?
No.

Andy Mink

Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
The "first" nine innings were a tie (that's why they played 'extra innings'...) so WHY would LA get credited with with two wins???

Yes, I watched it. Here in the East.
Just to get it over with.

Phelmut

German for Northeasterner
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I still remember the Mets-Astros game in 86....the first and I were going out for a fancy dinner and I was listening to the game to the restaurant and I didn't want to go it. We ended up having an noce dinner and I listened to the rest of the game on the way home. That was a better game than this one IMHO.

Yeah, there were runs scored and lead changes in that one so much more exciting, and I'm not just saying that because I'm a Mets fan. I'm a Cowboy fan and I think the 2 Super Bowls Dallas vs. Pittsburgh in the late 70s were 2 of the best SBs ever.

Tony

tseeb
Skier
I only made it thru 15 and probably dozed a little. But I have an excuse with 730 AM ride for SJC - SJD flight the next morning. We watched most of game 4 at bar in Cabo where not only do you get two beers and two double shots for $4 but it was their 10th anniversary and they gave us a free shirt and shot for picture with owner. Back there for 5th and (as a Bay Area native and Giants fan) hopefully last game.

Jim McDonald

愛スキー
Skier
It's a shame they can't both lose.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
I will say this Boston team in tenacious. They put their foot on your throat and do not let up...cannot say the same thing about the Dodgers.

Jim McDonald

愛スキー
Skier
As a Yankees fan all I can say is: Mookie Betts is freakin' awesome!

Mike Thomas

Whiteroom
Industry Insider
I will say this Boston team in tenacious. They put their foot on your throat and do not let up...cannot say the same thing about the Dodgers.
That was a tour de force job of managing, Alex Cora should have been named MVP. He didn't make a mistake all post season, and barely made any head scratching decisions all year. He put his players in positions to succeed and they did- over and over again. 119 and 57, what an enjoyable seven months, what a fun team!

x10003q

Out on the slopes
Skier
I watched the whole game. My wife just returned from the UK on Friday and went to bed when the game started. As I was headed to bed around 3:30, she was waking up. We both found that very amusing. Despite the Red Sox winning 3 World Series since 2004, I am still amazed that they won last night. A lifetime of Red Sox rooting will do that to a person.ogwink

KevinF

Gathermeister-New England
Team Gathermeister
I don't really care about baseball, although I was vaguely aware that the World Series was on. I was out having dinner with a friend and we stayed up late; by the time I got to bed around midnight it was still on, and -- as I learned in the morning -- was nowhere close to being over.

At any rate... The most recent time I can remember staying up to watch the end of a World Series game was back in 2004 when the Sox finally "reversed the curse".

Since then... meh. Who really cares?

Mike Thomas

Whiteroom
Industry Insider
A bunch of us (perhaps not on this site, but in society) really care. It's a thread about a baseball game... why post in it if you don't care? If there was an "America's Got Talent" thread there would be zero posts from me, because- I don't care. I would respect that some people do, I'd think they were idiots, but I wouldn't post that. Maybe try that.

Wilhelmson

Making fresh tracks
Skier
I watched until about midnight EST, then woke up around 2 AM and watched for an hour before falling asleep again. We're a little spoiled now. In 2004 there was no way we were missing a second of the alcs or world series.

I understand accommodating the large west coast market with 5 pm start times but am a little disappointed that kids on the east coast would have had to stay up late to watch much of the games. The Sunday game could have started around 6 pm est/ 3 pm pst which would have fallen between football games and given everyone a chance to have a party or just relax without burning the candle at both ends.

John Webb

mdskier
Skier
Watched till the end. Not hard as it ended between 12:15 & 12:30 PDT -my usual bedtime.

Need to check my former neighbor in Maryland. She's from Boston & is a total Red Sox fanatic.
bet she was up till the end 3:30 EDT !

Sponsor

Staff online