• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

A shout out to Josh Matta

VickieH

Contrarian
Skier
Josh knocked it out of the park with me when he offered free private lessons to a guy in exchange for recording his progress. Made me consider becoming a raging, indecisive whiner just for a shot at that opportunity ... but then I might not be welcome here. :decisions:

SBrown

So much better than a pro
Skier
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
Josh knocked it out of the park with me when he offered free private lessons to a guy in exchange for recording his progress. Made me consider becoming a raging, indecisive whiner just for a shot at that opportunity ... but then I might not be welcome here. :decisions:

:roflmao:

WadeHoliday

Out on the slopes
SkiTalk Tester
I'll chime in here...

surprisingly...

this comment I thought I'd touch on first, as I just skied with this member this week:
I always welcomes Josh's contributions (even on the old site). And, yes, its the bumps that prove that I cannot ski :)
First off, this is quite self deprecating... Alex can ski bumps.
but,
Josh's old sign off is good, I always liked it too...

I always thought BWPA lacked a filter on that other site in the old days, but he had good points to be made.

Someone said "he has mellowed with age", and I can see that. Still direct, and can be somewhat unfiltered, but that can be nice in a practice (ski teaching), where constructive info is often buried in what is sometimes call the "positive sandwich".

aspects of my skiing has been bugging me a bit this year, much less skiing in the last couple years, then a month of pow, maybe, and after viewing a video, very quickly, Josh cut concisely to the issue. After calling it out quite accurately, he even softened it a bit in a follow up post to help soften the blow (that may be part of that mellowing w/ age thing)

Anyway, good thread Phil, a deserved "call out"... and I would like to be the judge of the ski off in chute 75!

thx Josh.

Cheers,
Wade

AmyPJ

Skiing the powder
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
Josh would be happy to know that I took a private lesson today, and we did pivot slips and falling leaf. Trying to get rid of my "step" habit that just won't die. :D

Oh AND the instructor took my poles away for a LONG steep blue/black run.

Last edited:

tromano

Goin' the way they're pointed...
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Missed skiing with Josh since he left UT so many years ago. He's a good guy and a great coach.

TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
I won't take the bait of the callout of KT. Josh is half my age, skis twice the days as I do and is in really good shape from all of his mountain biking.I will conceed that he would do me in.

Dave Petersen

Graphic Designer/Social Media Manager
Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
How,about a participation trophy.

Yeah, just like kids soccer medals. Win or lose, everyone gets a medal!

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
I won't take the bait of the callout of KT. Josh is half my age, skis twice the days as I do and is in really good shape from all of his mountain biking.I will conceed that he would do me in.

What about KT on Hippity Hops?

Sponsor

Staff online