• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

A shout out to Josh Matta

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Josh,

You had one of the most profund statements I ever read about skiers and their ability, I will paraphrase. "Skiers judge themelves on the terrain they ski and not how they ski it".

I know we have had our differences in the past but I wanted to publicly thank you for being a part of this community. You are certainly a part of it's success so far in bringing the conversation to a higher level. Keep it up.

Phil

Scrundy

I like beer
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I always enjoy Josh's imput probally should follow him. Would love to get up to Stowe someday and buy him a beer

AmyPJ

Skiing the powder
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
I've rather enjoyed his input here on the forum. :thumb:

Ken_R

Living the Dream
Skier
I'm partial to: It's not that you can't ski bumps; it's that you can't ski and the bumps prove it. Or something like that.

Genius as well. So true.

Josh Matta

Skiing the powder
Pass Pulled
should this not be a shout out and call out. I feel like I did something wrong.

Living Proof

We All Have The Truth
Skier
Josh,

You had one of the most profund statements I ever read about skiers and their ability, I will paraphrase. "Skiers judge themelves on the terrain they ski and not how they ski it".
Phil

Golfers have parallel saying: "It's not how, it's how many".

Maybe this joint needs a member of the month award or something similar to recognize top contributors periodically?

Josh as "member of the month", would challenge a whole bunch of perceptions, but, maybe.....Bushwacker naaahhhhh. :roflmao:

Lorenzzo

Be The Snow
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I've always found Josh's posts to have credibility and integrity. Kpe I'm comig.

TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Maybe this joint needs a member of the month award or something similar to recognize top contributors periodically?
Something like that always leaves someone out and they can feel slighted and that would never have been the intention. Also, that person could be posting somethng in an area that might not get the traffic and it could get missed. Too many times awards like this turn into popularity contests and we don't want that happening either. I am a firm believer that the cream rises to the top and quality posts and conversations will shine through, and to an extent, thats what is happening at this site. In this case with @Josh Matta his statement really made me think about how to talk to customers about skis and gear and I just wanted to thank him.

markojp

mtn rep for the gear on my feet
Industry Insider
Instructor
The general level of civility here is downright crazy business. :beercheer:

TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
The general level of civility here is downright crazy business. :beercheer:

Thank you, as @Tricia has said, "Your vibe attracts your tribe". As the site grows we know we will get a more varied aray of members in but we are adament on keeping the vibe civil and respectful. If you cannot play well with the members here, there are plenty of other sandboxes you can post on.

Sponsor

Staff online