• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

DonC

Squeezing into my stabilyx tights
Skier
STP has really been my go to place for most of my outdoor gear (skiing, biking, hiking) for my family for the past 15 years. Recently noticed that they stopped sending me their now standard 25% off coupon codes since late January (maybe I accidentally unsubscribed?) Resubscribed and now there's no Joy. Just daily spam. My guess is that they are bringing their online and expanding network of retail stores into price alignment-which is now much higher due to the retail store overhead. It's really too bad since with a good coupon their prices were very hard to beat. An important factor when you are outfitting a growing family.
Now I'll be looking elsewhere.

raytseng

Making fresh tracks
Skier
I just got a STP deal email today, as well as yesterday, and the day before and the day before. So it is more an EMAIL issue.

Because they send out soooo many emails, STP often they get onto block lists at your email provider, especially if you're using a gmail or yahoo or outlook or other hosted mail that's on a shared system. So for example since they sending to 10,000 @yahoo addresses averaging over 1email per day; yahoo just blocks it; especially if for example 50 of the recipients choose to mark it as spam-even though they signed up for the mail list

I do know I won't receive STP emails on gmail or yahoo; so probably they won't be received at any free web-based sites due to volume.

coskigirl

Skiing the powder
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I just got a STP deal email today, as well as yesterday, and the day before and the day before. So it is more an EMAIL issue.

Because they send out soooo many emails, STP often they get onto block lists at your email provider, especially if you're using a gmail or yahoo or outlook or other hosted mail that's on a shared system. So for example since they sending to 10,000 @yahoo addresses averaging over 1email per day; yahoo just blocks it; especially if for example 50 of the recipients choose to mark it as spam-even though they signed up for the mail list

I do know I won't receive STP emails on gmail or yahoo; so probably they won't be received at any free web-based sites due to volume.

But he said he is receiving emails from STP but not with the 25% off coupons so it's not that they are getting caught in a spam filter.

SBrown

So much better than a pro
Skier
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
I still get discounts about 5 days a week, including 25% off. No, it’s not as good as it was, but there are still good deals to be had.

TS
DonC

DonC

Skier
I still get discounts about 5 days a week, including 25% off. No, it’s not as good as it was, but there are still good deals to be had.

Then I hope you won't mind if I PM you at some point for a key code ;)

Not sure why they cut me off then. Are they slowly purging the rolls?

tball

Unzipped
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
TS
DonC

DonC

Skier
I had a nice online chat but no luck. I just did a quick calculation: about $1400 spent there in 2017. Not gonna be even close to that if I'm only buying stuff from the clearance section.

Wasatchman

over the hill
Skier
I was regularly getting 25% off coupons. Went in store to purchase something, and then accidentally hit no on the machine to the deal flyers. Talked to customer service and signed back up, but my coupons are now gone :huh:. Only going to buy from them on clearance now. Bummer.

If you are still getting coupons, make sure you don't accidentally turn off your deal flyer alerts from them.

Dwight

Practitioner of skiing, solid and liquid
Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
You guys are using active junky too for more discount, right?

Wasatchman

over the hill
Skier
anybody have a 25% discount code they would be able to PM me?

I would really appreciate it, I used to get them and accidentally stopped my dealflyers. Once that happens and they are turned back on, you no longer get the coupons .

James

Out There
Instructor
I bought stuff at a store last summer. I found some odd hikng shoes I kind of needed but not, but they really worked for the situation. I think I even exchanged the first pair for a half size up the next day. I was very satisfied with the purchase.

I remember when they just had a black and white catalogue mailed. The best prices have always been on slightly or very odd stuff. Or at least the mass market considered it odd. I've yet to get waterproof jacket or Norwegian brand pants that fit. I always return them.

moreoutdoorYuri

Getting on the lift
Skier
Central Coast, Ca. - Mammoth main squeeze! LOL!
I still get mine every day. I share them on an STP thread on ski diva. We can do the same here. In the meantime coupon code:
RTH6990R.
20% off free shipping on $50 +
expires midnight tonightWed 3/14
That would be nice...
I get almost daily emails, but none with more than a free ship offer... prior almost every email had some code or special..
I still get a lot of my base layer stuff from them and occasional backpack/hiking stuff - a coupon code is always appreciated...
maybe have sticky thread for 'coupon codes' of all varieties/stores ?

Brian Finch

Privateer Skier @ www.SkiWithaGrimRipper.com
Industry Insider
They added a store in Burlington & now I get taxed.....

Pat AKA mustski

I can keep a Secret
Ski Diva Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
Today's key code: NRR3518P.
25% OFF** $125+,
20% OFF** $100+,
OR 15% OFF** $75+

free shipping over $100
expires tonight 3/27 at midnight

If anyone needs one, just post in this thread. I try to check in everyday and I always check my alerts. I get new codes every day. Most are only good for one day, but the Friday ones are good for the whole weekend.

PTskier

Been goin' downhill for years....
Pass Pulled
In 2012 TJX Corp. (TJ Maxx outfit) bought out the founders of STP for...$200,000,000! two hundred million!!

What we're seeing is TJX running things their way. They have a new retail store near us, and that's a must-stop when we go that way.

Sibhusky

Whitefish, MT
Skier
I haven't seen anything I wanted in the last three years, so I switched to once a week for the deal flyers. I'm still getting emails multiple times a day. Really sad about what happened to them.

Ron

Seeking the next best ski
SkiTalk Tester
Then I hope you won't mind if I PM you at some point for a key code ;)

Not sure why they cut me off then. Are they slowly purging the rolls?

Here's todays EYY1428M

...and dont forget to use Active Junky. Not a member? Please use this link and we both get $10.00 for the referral. https://www.activejunky.com/invite/71724

Sponsor

Staff online

• Wendy
    Resurrecting the Oxford comma
  • Andy Mink
    Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January