• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

SBrown

So much better than a pro
Skier
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
I'm not sure how people can't find anything to buy on STP ... wish I had that problem. I still bought Hestra mittens for $35 just last fall, for instance.

Ogg

Skiing the powder
Skier
STP definitely isn't what it used to be but that may be a symptom of the changing online market today. It seems every vendor checks what others are charging so prices are more consistent with less outlier deals. The upside is the average price on many items has gone down with the downside being there are way fewer great deals to be had. I was always a deal shopper so this kind of bums me out.

Wasatchman

over the hill
Skier
STP definitely isn't what it used to be but that may be a symptom of the changing online market today. It seems every vendor checks what others are charging so prices are more consistent with less outlier deals. The upside is the average price on many items has gone down with the downside being there are way fewer great deals to be had. I was always a deal shopper so this kind of bums me out.

Agree to some extent, but I still find STP usually offers cheaper pricing with coupons than others such as backcountry.com when they are both offering items in common. I would prefer to support backcountry.com as opposed to STP following the buyout from TJ Maxx, but I find STP is usually superior in price.

Ron

Seeking the next best ski
SkiTalk Tester
BC offers an unparalleled warranty and if you see a lower price from an authorized dealer, they will match it. I have bought bike tires, tried them out and exchanged them for different ones. They stand behind your gear.

Dave Petersen

Graphic Designer/Social Media Manager
Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
A Sierra Trading Post store opened up just blocks from my house last week!
IMG_3030(1).JPG

TS
DonC

DonC

Squeezing into my stabilyx tights
Skier
Prepare to be underwhelmed.

jmills115

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
BC offers an unparalleled warranty and if you see a lower price from an authorized dealer, they will match it. I have bought bike tires, tried them out and exchanged them for different ones. They stand behind your gear.
In agreement regarding BC. With a local warehouse and retail store, picking up if I’m in a rush and not having to ship returns is an added bonus. Not that it mattered but they wouldn’t match a price from a retailer they normally would as the price was too low.
I buy as much at Evo as BC as well. Shipping is quick so delivery from PNW to SLC is speedy

moreoutdoorYuri

Getting on the lift
Skier
Central Coast, Ca. - Mammoth main squeeze! LOL!
Hi Moderator
This Thread needs to have a 'sticky' soz it's always on top !!! (does that work here?)
I need to remember to come here for a possible discount code, before ordering...
I buy lotz from STP
I get daily emails
But, I NEVER get any discount code emails ???
anyone know why ???

KingGrump

Most Interesting Man In The World
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
There is no actual code in the email. I usually click the sales banner, it redirects me to the STP site with the code already embedded in the right place in the cart.
I get several different emails everyday. They all provide different discount to different product sets. So I play with different emails to see which one will give me the best deals for items I have in my cart.

tball

Unzipped
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Is anyone getting discount codes from Sierra (TP)?

I used to get them all the time, but no longer since they reopened following the shutdown. Is it just me?

neonorchid

Making fresh tracks
Skier
No codes. I'm not even getting new product alerts. From last fall to just prior to lock-down I did some online and in-store shopping at the one location in my area all the way out by @Wendy country so they have my email and an idea about merchandise of interest.

Also got a TJX, Marsh., Homewhichever, Sierra survey/shopping habit questionnaire re in-store shopping, and what it would take for me to "re-join society" (I think that was how they put it), and shop in the store again. I wrote in National Face Mask Mandate Lower C-19 case #'s, Effective treatments, and Vaccine.

I did get a Homesomething email last week announcing decor items. That's it.

Pat AKA mustski

It’s no Secret! It’s a Ranger!
Ski Diva Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
I am not getting the discount codes anymore and I got them daily prior to the shutdown. I think they used the shutdown as an excuse to stop offering them. I haven't bought anything from them since I stopped getting the codes. Those were big motivators for me ... it made shopping more tempting.

Ron

SkiTalk Tester
they always use ship89 for free shipping 89$ and higher. They also dropped out of Active Junky. I buy stuff here and there. Mostly for cheap Terramar layers and odds and ends. They have some very nice LEKI gloves on closeout which are a really good bargain and some Sax Underwear :).

chopchop

so many skis, so little time
Skier
they always use ship89 for free shipping 89$ and higher. They also dropped out of Active Junky. I buy stuff here and there. Mostly for cheap Terramar layers and odds and ends. They have some very nice LEKI gloves on closeout which are a really good bargain and some Sax Underwear :).

They're back on Active Junky @ 5% as of ~10-15 days ago.

I snagged some of those LEKI touring gloves (if that's what you're referring to). Very good quality.

Reactions: Ron

Ron

SkiTalk Tester
https://www.sierra.com/LEKI-progres...~p~912fn/?filterString=s~LEKI/&colorFamily=01

1600545054812.png

these are super comfy and warm.