• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
@Tricia and I were on our way to get settled in Summit County to get ready for the on snow portion of the Colorado let of this years journey and Tim from Liberty invited us to stop by and check out their headquarters near Beaver Creek. With the on snow just days away, TJ Larson and his helpers were getting all the demos waxed and tuned so they would show their best.

Wykb16ydRqqFnYUd8ygS%A.jpg
VYTb87KnSvWsnjcKxKJPgQ.jpg

Skis that we will be getting on at Copper...and Mammoth...and Snowbasin...and maybe a demo near you.
8bTAr39QSjm+w2BOOr%CqQ.jpg

Some of the product that wil be shipped..they have a full warehouse/distribution based n Denver. Quite frankly, the numers that go out raised my eyebrow...I am just not privy to share.
75V11eIdSwGUjqMnh+WjyA.jpg

The elves waxing skis getting ready for them demo.
ANN5ST8xTi+6fl171FiXfQ.jpg
fAmZejAsS+ORmZ8wjnjWDQ.jpg

I hae already picked out a few I need to get on....starting with the new Evolve 90 and 100
q1nJ7KE9RiGfd92R8YADpQ.jpg

Almsot as many bindings as in my garage...OK, there is more here.
VseY942IT1uircTbPQHJag.jpg

@Tricia checking out the artwork
JdW2dQOMRSWI7Zn7VqFKkA.jpg

cUhj2AE8Sx2dh39PI0ClyA.jpg

Some vintage Liberty skis from years past.
NSI5BRC8SD2DyMmca1Lghw.jpg

Screens from some older skis
L%nLiYrMSMO1B1WMINp4gA.jpg

Pugski and @SkiEssentials represent (you are welcome ;)
Opmq45RkTJygIvbgXe8ptQ.jpg

Awards that were well deserved. Obviously, not just by us.

8bTAr39QSjm+w2BOOr%CqQ.jpg

Skis getting ready to be shipped to shops and comsumers

75V11eIdSwGUjqMnh+WjyA.jpg

TJ brought his own elves to help wax
ANN5ST8xTi+6fl171FiXfQ.jpg
fAmZejAsS+ORmZ8wjnjWDQ.jpg

Demos getting ready for trade fairs...Copper...then...Mammoth...then..Snowbasin...I see some Evolv 90 and 100's that I want to get on
q1nJ7KE9RiGfd92R8YADpQ.jpg

More bindings than our garage? Maybe.
VseY942IT1uircTbPQHJag.jpg
JdW2dQOMRSWI7Zn7VqFKkA.jpg

Some cool old artwork that Tricia got to check out.

Last edited:

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
I am bringing a redesigned Genesis 106 home with me. It was really cool to see the new and old shape side by side.
The rocker is more gradual and the tip is slightly different to make it better in chop and when you have to hit groomers back to the lodge.
IMG_0153.JPG

Dwight

Practitioner of skiing, solid and liquid
Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
Have a pair of the Helix 98 arriving at my house Tuesday.

Scotty I.

I only care about the graphics
Skier
The new Evolve (sp?) in the 100 width sounds very interesting to me. 1/2 Origin + 1/2 VMT= Best of both worlds. I demoed the Origin 96 last year and, while I liked it, I missed the metal that I am used to skiing on. This may be the answer.

Last edited:

peterm

Getting off the lift
Skier
I am bringing a redesigned Genesis 106 home with me. It was really cool to see the new and old shape side by side.
The rocker is more gradual and the tip is slightly different to make it better in chop and when you have to hit groomers back to the lodge.
View attachment 64520

Are they changing the Origin 106 too? Are we likely to see a Pugski test of that ski soon?

TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Are they changing the Origin 106 too? Are we likely to see a Pugski test of that ski soon?
Yes, you will. We have some men's and women's coming for the test fleet.

amlemus

Putting on skis
Skier
Do any of their skis ride like Blizzard Bonafides? I have an old pair of those, but want to get into something newer, but similar. Wouldn't mind giving Liberty a shot.

Drahtguy Kevin

Après aficionado
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
The upcoming Evolve 100 would be the best option.

I agree with @Philpug. I own two generations of Bones and skied the Liberty Evolve 100 at the Copper test. Some definite similarities between the skis as far as power and smooth ride. I found the Evolve not as demanding as the Bones.

amlemus

Putting on skis
Skier
I agree with @Philpug. I own two generations of Bones and skied the Liberty Evolve 100 at the Copper test. Some definite similarities between the skis as far as power and smooth ride. I found the Evolve not as demanding as the Bones.

That might be my only complaint about the Bonafides: I can't turn them over as quickly as I'd like. That's probably more of a "me" problem though.

:philgoat:

Drahtguy Kevin

Après aficionado
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
That might be my only complaint about the Bonafides: I can't turn them over as quickly as I'd like. That's probably more of a "me" problem though.

:philgoat:

The Liberty Evolve 90 might fit the bill as well if missing a few mm doesn’t bother you. The 90 is strong, quick and energetic. A Top 2 ski for me at Copper.

Ksurby

Booting up
Skier
Any chance they might start selling the New evolves before the end of the current season? I have the first gen origin 96s. Love the energy, pop, quickness, in the moguls and trees, but sometimes wish for a little more stability and power in the crud and open bowls.

markojp

mtn rep for the gear on my feet
Industry Insider
Instructor
The evolve 100 is going to take liberty into the mainstream conscious of a lot of skiers looking for the next great ski in the crowded 95 -100 category.

Ksurby

Booting up
Skier
That’s why I want one before they become popular next year haha. I see very few Liberty’s around sunshine/lake Louise/kicking horse. Do they ski like a slightly lighter enforcer? Where the reviews at pugski !

TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
That’s why I want one before they become popular next year haha. I see very few Liberty’s around sunshine/lake Louise/kicking horse. Do they ski like a slightly lighter enforcer? Where the reviews at pugski !
The Evolv 90 and 100 are new for this coming season. HERE are some of the Liberty Reviews for this season.

Sponsor

Staff online

• dbostedo
    Asst. Gathermeister
  • Andy Mink
    Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January
  • Dwight
    Practitioner of skiing, solid and liquid