• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

A little fun with pothole season

James

Out There
Instructor
When I was living in Brooklyn there was a pothole near a crosswalk right at the curb. When it got like 6 inches deep, someone put one of those metal mesh garbage cans in it to mark it. That stayed there for awhile, but it kept getting lower. Then a car hit it, but it stayed. There must have been water down underneath because it still kept falling. I think eventually a truck crushed it, and with the combo of sinking, the pothole completely swallowed like a 3 ft tall garbage can.

T-Square

Terry
Admin
SkiTalk Supporter

That ain’t a pothole, that’s a POTCRATER.

All that’s missing is the asteroid that created it.

upload_2019-7-22_17-54-47.jpeg

Doug Briggs

"Douche Bag Local"
Industry Insider
SkiTalk Tester
That ain’t a pothole, that’s a POTCRATER.

All that’s missing is the asteroid that created it.

View attachment 77548
CO for the win! Oh. Nevermind (I cross posted with @crgildart just above)

Apart from the actual mess you can photograph, this section of road was private and the concessionaire, Plenary, that operates the highway is suggesting that the "portion of highway redesigned under phase one of the U.S. 36 project, which a Plenary spokesman confirmed was built before his company came on board" so that they aren't responsible for the repair. To top it off, since the builders contracted to receive the revenue for maintenance of they highway, they will be requesting compensation for lost revenue.

CDOT may have to reimburse tolls during emergency closure of US 36