• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

A frivolous poll while we're waiting for snow: Mayo or Miracle Whip?

Mayo or Miracle Whip

• Mayo

Votes: 56 72.7%
  • Miracle Whip

Votes: 21 27.3%

• Total voters

surfsnowgirl

Instructor
Skier
It is NOT mayonnaise, it is a mayonnaise type dressing. Once you add type, like or style to anything, it is a substitute. Chicago style pizza or meat like substance

It's still made by Hellmans and is a lot closer to the real thing that half the stuff out there and it's a lot more tasty. For what it's worth Miracle Whip scares me and that is what is right up there with Chicago style pizza or fake meat.

I understand what you are saying but I still like it and it's a nice kick of flavor to use whenever you'd use mayo. They make a few different kinds that seem tasty, ones with Olive Oil and a Chipotle one. YUM!!

Mayo label

SmartSelect_20191024-164923_Chrome.jpg

Avocado mayo label

SmartSelect_20191024-164806_Chrome.jpg

Last edited:

VickieH

Contrarian
Skier
Have we had a Chicago vs NY pizza poll yet?
I wondered that myself. I recall some posts about it, but not whether it was a poll or perhaps ... :eek: ... thread drift.

And I'm pondering New York style vs French style cheesecake.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
I wondered that myself. I recall some posts about it, but not whether it was a poll or perhaps ... :eek: ... thread drift.

And I'm pondering New York style vs French style cheesecake.
Ricotta Pie.....:drool:

VickiK

Out on the slopes
Skier
New York New York...it's a wonderful town.

So if I have a lifestyle, it's not really a life?

I'm editing myself here but you never hear of someone having a hard lifestyle.

KingGrump

Most Interesting Man In The World
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
unlike that swill they call chili in Cincinnati.

Skyline Chili. Lived off that stuff back in the '80s when I was working down there.
They called a hot dog with chili - Coney. Had to explain to them the origin of the name Coney. They weren't too happy. They thought it was one of the terms that originated locally.

teejaywhy

Retired Eccentric
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Maybe, but at least it tastes good - unlike that swill they call chili in Cincinnati.

Hey watch it now!

Cincinnati Chili, maybe not "chili" proper, but still awesome and delicious! Try a 5-way!

Back to the topic...
Grew up in Ohio, raised on Miracle Whip. Moved west, never realizing Miracle Whip wasn't mayonnaise until years later on a return visit to Ohio I was served something with Miracle Whip... ew, gross.

Last edited:

chilehed

Out on the slopes
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Hey watch it now!

Cincinnati Chili, maybe not "chili" proper, but still awesome and delicious! Try a 5-way!
I've been to Skyline four or five times, all but the first because I was forced to. I'd rather go hungry, and I'm a guy who keeps trying Durian in hopes of liking it someday.

But, to each his own.

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
Hey watch it now!

Back to the topic...
Grew up in Ohio, raised on Miracle Whip. Moved west, never realizing Miracle Whip wasn't mayonnaise until years later on a return visit to Ohio I was served something with Miracle Whip... ew, gross.

Wait, wait, wait... when you moved west, you didn't get served mayonnaise, go "ew, gross" and go out and buy some Miracle Whip? :nono:

SBrown

So much better than a pro
Skier
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter

SBrown

So much better than a pro
Skier
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
Hey watch it now!

It is delicious, even though it is more like spaghetti dish than actual chili. I know there are at least a dozen members here who have had my version, with the chili full of chocolate, cumin, cinnamon, allspice, coriander, etc ... I always get raised eyebrows, but everyone loves it.

VickiK

Out on the slopes
Skier
I needed mayo but still wasn't into making my own, so I bought a Mr. Kensington's Mayo at Von's (Safeway). Pricier than most brands but very tasty. It's like dressed up mayo with the additional spices--
Sunflower Oil, Egg Yolks, Water, Distilled Vinegar, Lemon Juice, Cane Sugar, Salt, Ground Mustard, Black Pepper

Josh Matta

Skiing the powder
Pass Pulled
yeah that miracle whip.....