• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

A frivolous poll while we're waiting for snow: Mayo or Miracle Whip?

Mayo or Miracle Whip

• Mayo

Votes: 56 72.7%
  • Miracle Whip

Votes: 21 27.3%

• Total voters

MattSmith

Out on the slopes
Skier
Bring out the Hellmann's, bring out the best. I didn't think Miracle Whip existed outside of Western PA. Reminded me of one of my favorite 'dve clips. If you're not from PA, this probably makes no sense.

"Is this mayonnaise or miracle whip on dis here hoagie?"

SShore

Resident Curmudgeon
Skier
Oh, and what is with catsup on French Fries, do it like the inventors (the Belgian's not the French) do and eat them with Mayo!

surfsnowgirl

Instructor
Skier
I haven't used use ketchup since I discovered Siracha or Maple Siracha sauce. I also love the various Cholula hot sauces.

I do like going to pomme frite in the west village and having my chips with any of their mayo based dipping sauces.

McSorelys in the east village supposedly has excellent liverwurst. Liverwurst is one of those things I used to eat as a kid along with lamb, veal, liver and onions and bratwurst. None of those touch my palate these days.

Last edited:

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
Oh, and what is with catsup on French Fries, do it like the inventors (the Belgian's not the French) do and eat them with Mayo!

Ketchup or Mayo on fried would be a good poll... as would Heinz vs. Hunts, though maybe that's getting too specific.

T-Square

Terry
Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
My practice husband was the exact opposite. He was all about Miracle Whip.
This is yet another way that Phil and I are in sync. Mayo baby!!!

Practice Husband?! :roflmao: I had a future exwife, but that’s another nightmare for another time.

As far as mayo, I never have liked it. Miracle whip was the whipped oil in our house since I was a kid.

T-Square

Terry
Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
From "The Art of Doing Stuff"

upload_2019-10-23_21-20-17.jpeg

graham418

Skiing the powder
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter

Its also a Canadian thing (well, maritime thing anyways, we don't all eat poutine) and Bermudian as well, Aussies and Kiwis too, I think

noncrazycanuck

Out on the slopes
Skier
most of the civilized world (even in B.C. if we can be considered civilized ) prefers mayo over an edible oil product.
Mayo on fries also tastes far better than a red paste and makes a far better pairing with Belgium Beer and mussels.

noncrazycanuck

Out on the slopes
Skier
true you add oil to the eggs and mustard and your choice as to which oil.
that's the end of my cooking knowledge,

but subjectively it tastes better

Ogg

Skiing the powder
Skier
Catsup is one of those things I liked as a kid on french fries and scrambled eggs. Now the only thing I like it on is Nathan's french fries. I think it may just be a childhood association with Coney Island.:huh: I prefer most other fries without anything on them. Hellman's mayo on fries does not sound appealing to me but a good homemade mayo or one with some spice in it could be good.

Carolinacub

Yes thats a Cubs hat I'm wearing
Skier
Miracle whip and peanut butter sandwiches are wonderful, some sort of chemical reaction that comes into play

surfsnowgirl

Instructor
Skier

It's very tasty.

Hellmann's Avocado Oil Mayonnaise Dressing combines the irresistible creamy, rich taste you love with a blend of quality oils (avocado, canola, and soy). Our recipe is high in Omega-3 ALA and Vitamin E, with 30% less fat and calories than Hellmann's Real Mayonnaise, and is also gluten-free and certified kosher. Contains 320mg of ALA per serving, which is 20% of the 1.6g, daily value for ALA.

https://www.hellmanns.com/us/en/products/mayonnaise/avocado-oil-mayonnaise-dressing.html

It gives regular Mayo some life.

Sponsor

Staff online

• Andy Mink
    Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January
  • Dwight
    Practitioner of skiing, solid and liquid
  • Philpug
    Notorious P.U.G.