• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

A frivolous poll while we're waiting for snow: Mayo or Miracle Whip?

Mayo or Miracle Whip

• Mayo

Votes: 56 72.7%
  • Miracle Whip

Votes: 21 27.3%

• Total voters

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
At the suggestion of @dbostedo
I have my own strong feelings about this, but I'll leave it up to the poll to decide.

Psst.... I'm a huge Mayo fan over MW. Our household prefers Hellman's (known as Best Foods west of the Rockies)

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
At the suggestion of @dbostedo
I have my own strong feelings about this, but I'll leave it up to the poll to decide.

Oh, I know which one is going to win... I just wonder by how much. Miracle Whip is, regrettably, doomed to lose.

Maybe we need to add a "Never tried Miracle Whip" option? Just to see how many people have been deprived of how much better it is than mayo.

Josh Matta

Skiing the powder
Pass Pulled
My wife makes homemade mayo, I turn it into homemade miracle whip.

FYI the best Mayo on the planet is Lone Star cilantro jalapeno mayo the stuff they put on their fish tacos.

Josh Matta

Skiing the powder
Pass Pulled
sugar, parika and garlic powder will get you 95 percent there. For the base mayo I recommend using a tasteless oil and not say olive and or avocado oil.

chilehed

Out on the slopes
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Mayo for sure. The other is too sweet and too acidic, and if I want sweet acidic mayo I prefer to be able to control that myself.

Last edited:

coskigirl

Skiing the powder
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
My dad's homemade mayo. I don't eat enough mayo to even justify buying, much less making my own from his recipe but it includes oil, egg, dijon, and lemon juice. It's so delicious.

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
I could not image having anything but mayo on...
  • BLT
  • Egg Salad
  • Roast beef sandwich
  • Liverwurst sandwich
  • Tunafish

• BLT - Much better with Miracle Whip (and somewhat crispy bacon)
  • Egg Salad - I don't think I've ever had it, but I like Tuna Salad with a lot of egg
  • Roast beef sandwich - Definitely better with Miracle Whip, but could be even better with jus or maybe a little Worcestshire or steak sauce
  • Liverwurst sandwich - I've never had Liverwurst... sounds gross
  • Tunafish - Tuna Salad with Miracle Whip and lots of egg is awesome... a tuna steak sandwich is better with just some seasoning - defintiely not mayo and probably not Miracle Whip

CS2-6

>50% Chicken Fried Steak w/w
Skier
Mayo is an ingredient. Miracle Whip is a condiment.