• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

A Drink You're In The Mood For..

ErikL

AKA Bro12
Skier
And here I am, having just finished my third coffee of the day. Either I need help, or all the rest of you people need it. :roflmao:

Well I did just restock the beer fridge last night.... And this is beer weather right now.....

cantunamunch

Meh
Skier
ginger_beer_can.jpg

I'm out of Gosling's tho :(

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
And here I am, having just finished my third coffee of the day. Either I need help, or all the rest of you people need it. :roflmao:

Well I did just restock the beer fridge last night.... And this is beer weather right now.....
We got ribs. Come up image.jpeg

SBrown

So much better than a pro
Skier
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
Or, go to the AF base and buy real beer. I'll be losing those privileges soon, better stock up!

You need to rent a big storage unit and hit up the BX and commissary for days.

skibob

Skiing the powder
Skier

For some reason, beer is always what I want after skiing. I need video, I think my tongue hangs out in the wind while skiing, like a dog out a car window. Dries my mouth out.

TS
Tricia

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
@SBrown I followed your lead but didn't get a picture.

Jim Kenney

Travel Correspondent
Team Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
Or, go to the AF base and buy real beer. I'll be losing those privileges soon, better stock up!

Sorry about your privileges/situation.:( Hope for the best.

This calls for a story: For most of 2014 and 2015 my wife and I took care of my elderly Mother-in-law. Mom lived with us and as a widow of a retired Navy man she had commissary/exchange privileges. My mother-in-law is a lovely lady but has advanced dementia and we were authorized to buy for her, as well as manage her medical care. One day in the Henderson Hall Marine Corp Exchange in Arlington, VA the "Package" store had a big sale on Ullr schapps. I had tasted Ullr before and knew of its powerful snowmaking properties, but I had never seen it for purchase in my region, especially on sale. I knew Mom had to have some Ullr and so I got a bottle. Used it to spread cheer during 2015 ski season. Just wished I'd had the presence of mind to pick up a half dozen bottles. No longer have military exchange privileges. Mom lives with other relatives now and will be 94 next birthday.
LL

PS: as you know the meats are the best thing to stock up on from the commissary, but you need a freezer to store them. Also stocked up on certain gourmet food and cooking ingredients, canned goods. Luxury items and pricier clothing seemed to be the best deal at the exchanges, but not too practical.

Last edited:

AmyPJ

Skiing the powder
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
Great story! Henderson Hall is pretty sweet. I got a full set of All Clad cookware from there for Christmas one year.

SBrown

So much better than a pro
Skier
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
Ullr at the PX! Who knew! That warms my heart.

Man, I hated going to commissary when I was a kid. It took forever, we would get carts and carts of stuff (yes, lots of meat to freeze). I remember one time the grocery bill was like $200!!! Which actually is amazing, considering it was about 1972 or so. But I had never heard of so much money.

Sponsor