• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

A bummer of a lesson

TS
Erik Timmerman

Erik Timmerman

So much better than a pro
Instructor
Sounds like too-high expectations.
Just curious, for you experienced ski instructors. How many days on snow and/or lessons (average or median) does it take the average person to learn how to ski parallel?

Well, based on my lesson from Sunday morning (skied with her again yesterday) - I'd say roughly 3 hrs. Or you could get someone that takes 3 days, or maybe 3 weeks, I mean no matter how you teach it, ultimately they have to do it. My lesson yesterday afternoon, a 55ish year old man went from "out of control sack of meat" to parallel skier in two hours.

Uke

Who am I now
Skier
Three to six hours for most to be parallel for most of their turns on our beginner hill. Wide West is fairly steep for a beginner hill.

uke

Josh Matta

Skiing the powder
Pass Pulled
Sounds like too-high expectations.
Just curious, for you experienced ski instructors. How many days on snow and/or lessons (average or median) does it take the average person to learn how to ski parallel?

Sometime as early as an hour, sometimes never....... average id say is 2-3 hours if I get them from the start, and 3 hours to a couple days if they were taught the wrong way by someone else. Its is far easier to teach someone from scratch than it is to get someone else's mess.

this assuming age 6 ish to still know how to move some what adult.

Sponsor

Staff online