• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Ron

Seeking the next best ski
SkiTalk Tester

Interesting perspective of the ski industry and how it's progressed through time. "Chris Diamond, a former longtime ski executive at resorts across the country, has seen these changes firsthand. He documented some of them in two books, the most recent of which, “Ski Inc. 2020” follows the advent of the Ikon and Epic passes, which he argues has disrupted longstanding power dynamics and altered the entire industry’s business model."

4aprice

Out on the slopes
Skier
Fascinating. We are kind of seeing this play out at my local ski area here in PA. They are now managed by KSL who partners with Alterra at many resorts. They have taken over management but did not put it on Ikon this season. (the word is it should be on next year) But what they are apparently doing is investing money into the resort with some apparently grand plans including snow making (which they have already done) to upgrading and replacing lifts and buildings. Plenty of changes afoot. Will be interesting to watch. I certainly enjoyed Ikon last season and look forward to more of the same this year but understand not everyone feels the same way

TS
Tricia

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Reactions: Ron
TS
Tricia

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
While on this road trip, I've been thinking...I need this as an audio book while I drive.

Sponsor

Staff online