• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

A Blue Mountain Shout Out

Living Proof

We All Have The Truth
Skier
My home area mountain is Blue Mtn., 50 miles north of Phila. It is tough to make good snow any year given as they are located at the southern edge of eastern skiing. @Philpug has made Blue the butt of many snow quality discussions. All know how bad the east coast skiing is this year, Blue tried their best, that's all we can ask for. Tomorrow, 3/20 is closing day, but, today they blew snow to make the last weekend as good as it can get. A big shout out to them, and, the little video they made, for this effort.

VickieH

Contrarian
Skier
Cute! Reminds me of AB's Clydesdale commercials.

Hunh ...
AB=Anheuser Busch
AB=A-Basin

Coincidence?

SKI-3PO

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
You skiing there this weekend Mike?

Uncle-A

In the words of Paul Simon "You can call me Al"
Skier
Blue is a good place, I have skied it many times, I wish I could get there on the 20th but other plans have been made.

Rudi Riet

AKA songfta AKA randomduck - a USSS coach, as well
SkiTalk Tester
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
Let me know how the glacier known as Razor's Edge is skiing these days.

I have a Blue Mountain Racing athlete on my PA squad here at Sunday River right now. He's finding the ice patches here reminiscent of home. :D

TS
Living Proof

Living Proof

We All Have The Truth
Skier
Let me know how the glacier known as Razor's Edge is skiing these days.
Rudi,
Everyone I talked with states that Razor's has been the best skiing at Blue during the final days. I skied it several times today, the upper pitch has some glare ice that I can't ever remember seeing, but, overall Razor's has held up very well. The rest of the mountain is deteriorating with many trails just a few yards wide. I skied from 9 to noon, flat light and the conditions made me happy to call it a season with legs intact. In a single word, today's skiing was defensive.
Blue did all they could, just hope next winter is, well, winter.

ex-Coal Miner

In the parking lot (formerly "At the base lodge")
Skier
Sorry I missed this, might have make the drive up there to get a few hours on the snow.

Sponsor

Staff online