• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Colorado A Basin vs Loveland season pass

Which one is better for a Front Range "everything" skier?

• Luv, duh

Votes: 10 35.7%
  • A Basin, obvs

Votes: 9 32.1%
  • Both (they're so different!)

Votes: 9 32.1%

• Total voters
TS
Monique

Monique

bounceswoosh
Skier
I just got an email that if you have a Loveland Card (as I do), you get the renewal rate for the season pass. Better than a sharp stick in the eye!

TS
Monique

Monique

bounceswoosh
Skier
TS
Monique

Monique

bounceswoosh
Skier
Jeez, I always thought it was just my dad. ogsmile Did your dad also ask if things were bigger than a bread box?

Whoever told you life is fair?
Do as I say, not as I do.
Ask your mom.
The day's a-wasting!

Maybe we need a thread - "Dad-isms."

Ken_R

Living the Dream
Skier
Loveland. Better Than a Sharp Stick in the Eye.

/end thread

This thread should be erased. All content hyping up LL should be eliminated from this site permanently. Its a slippery slope @nay and LL could end up like A Basin was this season. Not good. The drive to Monarch is long. :roflmao:

nay

dirt heel pusher
Skier
Whoever told you life is fair?
Do as I say, not as I do.
Ask your mom.
The day's a-wasting!

Maybe we need a thread - "Dad-isms."

My current most in use is: “stop emotionally eating cheese”.

Loveland. When You Can’t Stop Emotionally Eating Cheese

TS
Monique

Monique

bounceswoosh
Skier
Just sat down to order my passes. Bought the Ikon; stymied for Loveland because I have to call them, I guess, to figure out how to get the renewal rate when I have the 18/19 card (not the pass). Finding a photo without hat/helmet/goggles/sunglasses is always a challenge.

It will be interesting to see if I actually get back to *actually skiing* next season, when a lot of the current season's stressors should have calmed down. If so, I apologize in advance for what will undoubtedly be a terrible snow season.

Chris Walker

Ullr Is Lord
Skier
Just sat down to order my passes. Bought the Ikon; stymied for Loveland because I have to call them, I guess, to figure out how to get the renewal rate when I have the 18/19 card (not the pass). Finding a photo without hat/helmet/goggles/sunglasses is always a challenge.

It will be interesting to see if I actually get back to *actually skiing* next season, when a lot of the current season's stressors should have calmed down. If so, I apologize in advance for what will undoubtedly be a terrible snow season.

:roflmao:

They can split the blame with me. I largely sat this great season out between my bum knee and hopping down to Tucson on weekends to visit my dad. Looking to get back into it next year as well. :crossfingers:

Ken_R

Living the Dream
Skier
I just purchased my first pass for next season. @nay loves to ski there. Got the full pass for the PA benefits. If its a shitshow at any point during the season we know who to blame... :roflmao:

nay

dirt heel pusher
Skier
Blame accepted over beers :beercheer:.

I’m not too worried. People post shots of the Breck alpine with nobody there and Breck is #2 in North America skier visits.

Plus Loveland is flat. Everybody knows that.

I bought an A-Basin midweek and upgraded it to full season yesterday after my wife :doh: me. Nobody is going to be at A-Basin next year. It’s gonna be amazing.

Renewed the family at Loveland.

Ken_R

Living the Dream
Skier
Blame accepted over beers :beercheer:.

I’m not too worried. People post shots of the Breck alpine with nobody there and Breck is #2 in North America skier visits.

Plus Loveland is flat. Everybody knows that.

I bought an A-Basin midweek and upgraded it to full season yesterday after my wife :doh: me. Nobody is going to be at A-Basin next year. It’s gonna be amazing.

Renewed the family at Loveland.

True, but parking at Breck is a @#$%^. :huh:

Spot on about Loveland. :golfclap:

Would be cool if your A-Basin prediction holds true.

nay

dirt heel pusher
Skier
True, but parking at Breck is a @#$%^. :huh:

Spot on about Loveland. :golfclap:

Would be cool if your A-Basin prediction holds true.

Probably we should all agree to no longer ski Loveland. It’s so repetitive.

Plus there a tons of snowboarders just sitting around the place now. This is weirdly true, and I can’t really figure out why.

Maybe after being raptured in the parking lot you get sent back as a boarder?

James

Out There
Instructor
Wow, we're starting to get quite a PugSki LL crew going here. The Kool-Aid must taste good. Welcome to to the "cult". ;)
So late to the party!
Skied it last May, (first time), bunch of people there. @mdf and I got nearly the last chair on the last run of that one they replaced. Pretty much closed down the Norway chair at Abay too days later.

The funny thing is, mdf and I wanted to ski that trail that goes under the highway. I mean you've got to, right?The locals, like Geib, just shook their head and said, " oh no, no , you really don't" Unfazed, we ended up asking a patroller on the trail about it.
I can't remember what he said, might have even been profanity laced, but it was clear it was really, really terrible.

IMG_5151.JPG
This isn't the Ridge. Terrible up there.

IMG_5149.JPG
See, so bad like 6 people skiing. May 6th.

IMG_5163.JPG
Completely usless pass. Doesn't work on a chairlift!