• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Colorado A-Basin Reopening on Wednesday, May 27

tball

Unzipped
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Just checked, and still waiting for A-basin's season pass refund/credit policy:

Guest Relations COVID 19 | Arapahoe Basin Ski & Snowboard Area 2020-06-12 12-03-51.png

Seems like they were fair in continuing the unused portions of other products to next season. I'd be happy with them doing that with my unused season pass.

Or, if they want to be stingy, maybe just make my pass valid next year from March 15 onward next season. That's the day they closed this year. Fair?

mdf

entering the Big Couloir
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Or, if they want to be stingy, maybe just make my pass valid next year from March 15 onward next season. That's the day they closed this year. Fair?
That's a novel idea. And no out-of-pocket cost to them. I think you ought to email it to Alan.

ski otter 2

Making fresh tracks
Skier
I love it. I've long had dreams of a simple life living in Salida, skiing Monarch every day, with regular powder/steep chasing trips to CB, Taos, and Wolf Creek. I guess you might as well head up to A-basin, Copper, and Loveland for the free days with the Monarch Pass to. :thumb:
Nice plan, you guys.
A few years ago, in the early fall I hiked up Mount Ouray from the pass and sat for a few hours overlooking (from the south) that triangle sort of valley that includes Salida at one side to the east north east, the Sawatch range north ahead, and Monarch off to the west. The few other people up there as time passed all were from that area, just enjoying living in one of the truly incredible places.
It turned out most of them lived on small acreages in the gentle foothills to the north, building up to the Sawatch, among the small, relatively gentle ribs and parallel arroyos dropping south towards Salida and where I was, on one of the most impressive stand alone peaks in the country, right above that giant "chair" or "throne" formation up there, as if of some gigantic ancient god or hero.
Again, nice plan.

Sponsor