• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

A-Basin Climbing Spot

RachelV

I run TheSkiDiva.com and work at OpenSnow.
Ski Diva Tester
http://www.summitdaily.com/news/spo...imbing-at-a-basin-with-the-colorado-escapist/

Anyone know exactly where this is?

It's driving me nuts that I can't identify this spot... the background looks so familiar but I can't quite lock it in. Way skier's right in Zuma, maybe?

Screen Shot 2017-01-04 at 9.20.52 AM.png

Chris Walker

Ullr Is Lord
Skier
I'm almost sure that giant rock in the background at the very right edge of the photo is the outcrop on the East Wall above the traverse before the North Pole. That would put them probably climbing Lenawee Mt. at the far end of the East Wall above the tree chutes. My uneducated guess.

kimmyt

My Rack Is Bigger Than Yours
Skier
This looks like the back side of the East Wall to me. It also looks super chossy.

kimmyt

Skier
Actually, because I'm bored and sick and the baby is asleep right now I played around with Google maps. I think that the crag is the buttress that I've circled in orange in the screenshot below. My second choice would be one of those cliffs along the band that I have underlined in red.

jVlZ4FE.png

TS
RachelV

RachelV

Ski Diva Tester
Ah, yes! I knew I'd looked at that spot a bunch of times. I'll look around for some pics later... I must have a few that show it pretty clearly.

TS
RachelV

RachelV

Ski Diva Tester
Here's a nice early season shot of the front of the East Wall. Gotta be the back side... @kimmyt is definitely the closest.

IMG_2364.JPG

kimmyt

Skier
The scree field in the background of the original picture looks like the one you see behind when you're at the top of second or third notch.

I once saw a girl have to rescue her skis which fell down said scree field. Her boyfriend was waiting for her at the bottom of the notch, probably bitching about how long it took her to come down, unknowing she had to boot it down the scree field to get the ski and climb back up.

Reactions: nay

Sponsor