• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

90 underfoot ski suggestion

TS
surfsnowgirl

surfsnowgirl

Instructor
Skier
Tell the SO to get used to what they have or buy their own skis. Lol.

My SO is allowed 1 new pair of skis a year, But she only gets to ski 3 days a week.

He bough this RTM 84s and his Meier Big Hosses. He's just not that into equipment, doesn't care to pay to demo or anything. He demoed his Stockli Laser AX's on a free demo day and loved them so that was his Christmas present. He's got quite a gap between those and his Volkl 90Eights so I was trying to get him something in the middle. In fairness to him he never demoed the Black crows and they just don't perform in hard pack to his liking. He bought me a condo so it's the least I can do is buy him a pair of skis once in a while. He loves his 90Eights that I bought him but he's not in love with the Captis, I can't hit it out of the park all the time ;)

EricG

Lost somewhere!
Skier
He bough this RTM 84s and his Meier Big Hosses. He's just not that into equipment, doesn't care to pay to demo or anything. He demoed his Stockli Laser AX's on a free demo day and loved them so that was his Christmas present. He's got quite a gap between those and his Volkl 90Eights so I was trying to get him something in the middle. In fairness to him he never demoed the Black crows and they just don't perform in hard pack to his liking. He bought me a condo so it's the least I can do is buy him a pair of skis once in a while. He loves his 90Eights that I bought him but he's not in love with the Captis, I can't hit it out of the park all the time ;)

It’s so hard to pick a ski without trying them. But He did buy you a condo.. so I guess you need to find him new skis and sell the old ones.

TS
surfsnowgirl

surfsnowgirl

Instructor
Skier
It’s so hard to pick a ski without trying them. But He did buy you a condo.. so I guess you need to find him new skis and sell the old ones.

It's definitely hit or miss with buying skis without a demo. I demoed the 90Eight so getting those for michael worked because they are good on hard pack and he likes volkls so he's partial there. I have a good feeling about the monster 88s because they are burlier, will do what he likes and I've discussed them quite a bit with Ken_R on here. Old skis are currently for sale, will have new ones soon enough.

Wasatchman

over the hill
Skier
If he bought you a condo then he deserves the best skis available. And that would probably be the new Louis Vuittons.

James

Out There
Instructor
New Brahmas IMO have great grip on hard snow, especially off trail hard snow.
Are there two Brahmas? A carbon and a metal? Blizzard's site is confusing.

Too bad 4frnt doesn't make a narrower Msp 99. Nice ski.

I'd look into the z90 prototype. Unique ski. 174 is a nice size in that ski.
Otherwise the Brahma. M88 is a little plankish unless you thrash it.

Josh Matta

Skiing the powder
Pass Pulled
2 different widths 88 and 82. There is also the Carbon Bushwacker but only in a 88.

Guy in Shorts

Tree Psycho
Skier
Lol mine are too short for him but otherwise a great idea :). He's not jazzed on his 84s anymore so looking for something in between his AXs and H if s 90eights. Which deacon?
Next years Deacon Lowride 84 would be the ski for him. It's the ski that the Volkl reps are on this spring.

EricG

Lost somewhere!
Skier
Are there two Brahmas? A carbon and a metal? Blizzard's site is confusing..

Last season has a Brahma & Brahma CA, both 88mm. Now they have the regular Brahma (88), Brahma 82 and the CA became the Bushwacker (88)

Dwight

Practitioner of skiing, solid and liquid
Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
Looking at a pair of 2016 Monster 88s and have a really great quote of $225 with bindings :)
Yeah, do that. Then next season when you decide to sell them for less, I'll be in the market. :)

Good addition though

TS
surfsnowgirl

surfsnowgirl

Instructor
Skier
Yeah, do that. Then next season when you decide to sell them for less, I'll be in the market. :)

Good addition though

You are funny!!! Thanks. The Monsters are beefy enough so I think it's quite possible he'll like them a lot. He's still rocking his 2016 Volkl 90Eights that I bought him. He'd kill me if I sold those as he skis them quite a bit. He's tends to keep skis for a while if he likes them. The Black Crows Captis are an anomaly as I know he wants to like them but he's not a fan of how they kick out on him in hard pack. If you know of anyone who's looking for a pair of Volkl RTM 84s in a 177 send em my way, he hasn't skied those for almost 2 seasons now. He spends all his time on either his Laser AX's, 90Eights or Big Hosses in the spring.

Last edited:

Sponsor

Staff online