• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

90 underfoot ski suggestion

surfsnowgirl

Instructor
Skier
I'm afraid Michael isn't bonding with the Black Crows Captis skis I bought him. He likes them in soft snow, bumps and trees and finds them very surfy and playful. However, he gets that with his Volkl 90Eights so with the captis being 90 underfoot he finds them a bit soft and lacking the hard pack chops he likes. We ski mostly in Vermont.

Any other suggestions?

I suspect we're heading towards Volkl Kendos. If anyone has a pair for sale in a 177 please reach out to me.

Andy Mink

Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
Liberty V92 is one to look at. Or just go to a dedicated groomer zoomer in a narrower width.

ARL67

Invisible Airwaves Crackle With Life
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter

BC.

NEPA ShopRat/Skier
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Sorry, but in jest.....give him one of your 8 pairs of skis.....he’s bound to find one he likes....lol

Or keep skiing his RTM 84......or buy a new Deacon for next year.

TS
surfsnowgirl

surfsnowgirl

Instructor
Skier
Sorry, but in jest.....give him one of your 8 pairs of skis.....he’s bound to find one he likes....lol

Or keep skiing his RTM 84......or buy a new Deacon for next year.

Lol mine are too short for him but otherwise a great idea :). He's not jazzed on his 84s anymore so looking for something in between his AXs and H if s 90eights. Which deacon?

BC.

NEPA ShopRat/Skier
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Lol mine are too short for him but otherwise a great idea :). He's not jazzed on his 84s anymore so looking for something in between his AXs and H if s 90eights. Which deacon?

Sorry....didn’t see the actual title of thread....(tailgating/drive home from Hunter....lol). Forgot you were looking for a 90......(tweener for his AX/98)

Yes, being a Volkl guy.....a Kendo would work.

Great EC day today!....Sun felt great....beers were well deserved.

Maybe see you at the Beast this Spring!

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
How about a Renoun Z90 Prototype in a 174...only difference from production model is that they are about 5% softer, skied 3 half days. Drilled for Attack Demo. PM if interested.

TS
surfsnowgirl

surfsnowgirl

Instructor
Skier
I believe I'm zeroing in on a pair of 2016 Monster 88 skis in a 177 for Michael. I feel these will be much better for what he wants this ski to do.

MountainMonster

~0~
Skier
I had a pair of Captis ;), a little to soft for me also, sold those went to the Black Crow Orb
Screen Shot 2019-03-21 at 9.20.27 AM.png Screen Shot 2019-03-21 at 9.20.16 AM.png

EricG

Lost somewhere!
Skier
Since I seem to be purchasing not only skis for me but skis for my SO I have to really bargain hunt.

Tell the SO to get used to what they have or buy their own skis. Lol.

My SO is allowed 1 new pair of skis a year, But she only gets to ski 3 days a week.

Sponsor

Staff online

• Andy Mink
    Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January
  • Philpug
    Notorious P.U.G.
  • Dwight
    Practitioner of skiing, solid and liquid