• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

85+ width ski for racing?

Johnny V.

Half Fast Hobby Racer
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
The beer league I started with way back in the mid 90's had guys/gals in everything from sausage suits on WC race skis to tele skis, all mountain skis of the day, and a snowboard or two. It's a beer league, it's for fun. AND, many of those beginners (myself included) that showed up on all mountain skis got hooked and went full in and bought the gear, and eventually joined the Masters class with the others in the sausage suits. You're not going to be competitive on wider skis, but if you get bitten by the race bug, you'll soon realize you need race skis to compete in the bigger races. It's a way to get more participation in amateur ski racing, which, at least from my view on the east coast, seems to be in decline right now.

Yes, otherwise it gets too complicated...........protests to organizers (his/her ski was 82cm and they ran in the 85+ class). Run what ya brung and if it bothers you to get beat, get more competitive skis and get better! There's always someone faster, but there's always someone slower too. Remember it's for FUN! Relax..........you ain't going to the the World Cup circuit or the Olympics!

Sponsor

Staff online

• Andy Mink
    Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January