• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

6 Degrees of Separation

Carl Kuck

Ambassador of Stoke
Skier
Hmmm...

1: Does it count that I almost ran over Gary Busey with a shopping cart in the Safeway in Mammoth Lakes?

1: Was on the UCSD surf team with a guy named Russell Preisendorfer, better known to the surf community these days as "Rusty" (http://www.rustysurfboards.com/)

2: Friend of mine went to high school with Charlie Sheen, Emilio Estevez, Robert Downey Jr, and Sean Penn (who she said was a "preppy jerk)...

Carl Kuck

Ambassador of Stoke
Skier

Uncle-A

In the words of Paul Simon "You can call me Al"
Skier
1. I went to the same High School as basket ball star Rick Barry
2. I had the same football coach as football star Doug Flute.
3. Olympic Gold Medal winner in the 1964 downhill Egon Zimmermann was the Beconta ski rep for the ski shop I worked.
4. I was on the same flight from LA to Newark as Paul Newman and he signed my flight ticket. That was so far back it was before he stopped signing autographs.
5. I bumped into Soupy Sales at the Detroit Airport.(you have to be old enough to know who he is)

Carl Kuck

Ambassador of Stoke
Skier
OK, OK, one more...

2: My brother-in-law built a bannister out of guitar necks for Joe Perry of Aerosmith. (How cool is that?!?!)

KevinF

Gathermeister-New England
Team Gathermeister
Kerry Collins and I went to high school together and then lived in the same dorm building at Penn State. His very first NFL pass went for a touchdown as well (granted, it was an interception return for a touchdown, but still...). He was actually friendly to me; we would speak occasionally. I'm sure he doesn't remember me at all, but it was cool to watch his career progress.

tromano

Goin' the way they're pointed...
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I was in the same grade in elementary and high school with the kids from the band OAR.

Uncle-A

Skier
When I was teaching, one of my students was in the movie "School of Rock" he was the kid playing the keyboards in the band. He was a good student as well as an actor.

Uncle-A

Skier
Kerry Collins and I went to high school together and then lived in the same dorm building at Penn State. His very first NFL pass went for a touchdown as well (granted, it was an interception return for a touchdown, but still...). He was actually friendly to me; we would speak occasionally. I'm sure he doesn't remember me at all, but it was cool to watch his career progress.
Didn't he play for the Giants for a few years? I don't remember much about him as the Giants QB maybe he was better with other teams.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
A good friend of mine played ball with Jay Buhner (Seattle & New York), we met up with him one game when he was in Baltimore for a game.

Last edited:

KevinF

Gathermeister-New England
Team Gathermeister
Didn't he play for the Giants for a few years? I don't remember much about him as the Giants QB maybe he was better with other teams.

Yep, Kerry played with the Giants. He was their starting QB when they lost to the Ravens in the Super Bowl in the early 2000's. I think he lost his Giants job when Eli Manning came along.

Kerry had a couple good seasons with various teams, but I don't know that he ever achieved "top tier" status. Still, you don't stick around in the NFL for 15 seasons unless you can still contribute. He didn't suck.

Don in Morrison

I Ski Better on Retro Day
Skier
I went to the same high school as Ed Lincoln. I was probably a senior when he was a freshman, or he started the year after I graduated, but our paths never crossed in any case.

Dave Petersen

Graphic Designer/Social Media Manager
Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
The TV show THE BACHELORETTE (at the time my wife watched the show).

DSCF0802.JPG

The Sutter Family - Friends of friend of mine's brother. Took this picture at a celebrity ski race where Ryan was participating on Chad Fleischer's team.

Sponsor

Staff online