• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.
TS
Started at 53

Started at 53

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Got a late start due to excessive flight cancellations yesterday (spent 13 hours at Chicago O’Hare) and took a few runs today. I wore the right knee brace that @AndyMink suggested. It had a bit of a pinch in the hinge area on the right side of the knee, but it was all good while skiing, never even noticed it was there.

I skied my All Mountain skis and Betsy skied the new Pro Terrain ski today. I figured with it being the first day back after five weeks, the crash and a knee brace I figured I did not need an added variable today. We took it easy, made some runs, had lunch and got out of there. Will be a normal first tracks day tomorrow.

All in all, the skiing felt good, obviously a bit rusty after 5 weeks off. I had such a great rthym before the crash, it was ok today, but just not the same. I suspect it will take a day or two and I will be 100% back to pre-crash skiing.

It was an amazing day with perfect surfaces..... I mean it was terrible with poor viz and lots of icy spots that were hard to see ;)

432ED45D-760A-4D73-8264-494CB4EFB4BB.jpeg

Kneale Brownson

Making fresh tracks forever on the other side
Instructor
Looks a little too sunny for poor visibility. Nice your bride could tame those skis a bit for you too

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
How were the new red Bombers? I hae a pair waiting for me...I just need to schedule when I can get on them.

Seldomski

All words are made up
Skier
@Started at 53
How long have you had those camouflage colored Bomber skis? I thought I saw you or someone who looked like you when I was at DV in mid December, but the skis were camo not white ones you skied prior. So I figured I was mistaken. I didn't have the courage to blurt out,'Hey are Jay from Pugski' to a totally random guy... then be forced to explain wtf I was talking about if you weren't...

TS
Started at 53

Started at 53

Making fresh tracks
Skier
@Started at 53
How long have you had those camouflage colored Bomber skis? I thought I saw you or someone who looked like you when I was at DV in mid December, but the skis were camo not white ones you skied prior. So I figured I was mistaken. I didn't have the courage to blurt out,'Hey are Jay from Pugski' to a totally random guy... then be forced to explain wtf I was talking about if you weren't...

Ha, yeah that would have been me. I STOLE my wife’s Camo skis, so they are mine now. Say hi if you see me again.

Last edited:

Seldomski

All words are made up
Skier
Ha, yeah that would have been me. I STOLE my wife’s Camo skis, so they are mine now. Say I if you see me again.

Will do next time -- though unlikely I'll be back to DV this season... no trips planned for remainder of the season :( My wife loves the place, so we are bound to be back someday. Great place to ski.

Keep posting about your adventures - I enjoy the read and nice to have a sense of where you are at on the mountain! ogsmile

TS
Started at 53

Started at 53

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Not sure what was going on today, but we had a 3-5 minute wait every time (maybe 3 or 4) we rode Carpenter. Success is my favorite run, but we exited the area to one of my previously mentioned by not disclosed locations and skied blue runs top to bottom rarely seeing another soul and it was ski to the chair every time.

We skied like locals today, took 9 runs and called it a day. Skied some new to me blue runs today, life is better as my skiable terrain increases.

TS
Started at 53

Started at 53

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Only 10 runs today, my left LCL started acting up a bit and did not want to over due it. No pain, but I could clearly feel the exact ligament I injured. Very odd as I did not feel any discomfort the previous two days. I did ski the steepest terrain I have ever skied today, but it started daily early in the day before I got into some steep for me stuff. Just an fyi, steep for me is anything close to 30* slope.

Just ordered a brace for my left knee as the right one is awesome.

Diagnosing the issue.... My right rooted turns I can feel a carve, I can feel the ski bend and push back, but it rarely happens with left footed turns. I am guessing that my weight is just a bit too far back to get a good edge hold on left footed turns. Due to not much carving on left footed turns, there is some pushing and I think this is what caused the LCL agravation.

HardDaysNight

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Just an fyi, steep for me is anything close to 30* slope.

30 degrees is steep for anyone! As a point of comparison, the steepest pitch on the Gran Risa at Alta Badia (where the men’s WC GS is held) is 27.9* Most people have no clue about what steep actually measures.

TS
Started at 53

Started at 53

Making fresh tracks
Skier
30 degrees is steep for anyone! As a point of comparison, the steepest pitch on the Gran Risa at Alta Badia (where the men’s WC GS is held) is 27.9* Most people have no clue about what steep actually measures.

Yeah, I am good with the stuff I am skiing, and it gives me more terrain to explore as well. I topped out today at 28*, but was over 25* several times. 20* used to seem like a cliff, now it is just nice and gentle

You can now get a clinometer application for your phone.

All iPhones have them as one of their apps.

TS
Started at 53

Started at 53

Making fresh tracks
Skier
When at work and have time to kill, may as well tie up some flies
B6A00B81-82C3-4D2E-B3B9-C847EF359982.jpeg
1ED46490-948E-49F3-8845-BF441F0B7197.jpeg
436E4EA2-7863-4D14-BE35-7AF771F03708.jpeg
2496ED66-58DB-4C11-9892-4C2BFE4923E2.jpeg
8AD47ECD-E0B3-420C-AE54-8C4AE018AD58.jpeg

Attachments