• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.
TS
Started at 53

Started at 53

Making fresh tracks
Skier
150 yards of tumbling??
That's a long way. Is this a Jackson Hole style blue?
23* pitch, so not straight down, but it is a constant pitch, so the only thing to stop me was the cat track crossing it.

If you hurt both knees in a fast fall I would look into the settings of your bindings. While they may be set appropriately based on the charts it might make sense to turn them down a little bit. If you fell quickly you should have snapped out without injury. Slow falls can sometimes not create enough torque so you get hurt. Quicker falls should get you out of both skis. I like to be able to twist out of my bindings when standing still. I think this ensures you have the strength in your legs to protect your knees in a fall. I have recently turned my settings down as I lost some strength due to a lengthy illness. I am regaining my strengths but don't have the strength I used to. If you are racing, skiing heavy bumps this might not apply but for mortals I think it makes some sense.

Heal fast. There is lots of season left.

Rest assured I am thinking about my binding settings.

Lorenzzo

Be The Snow
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
To get to Little Kate one takes a longish green run with soft, manicured snow and then turns to the right to access steeper, much firmer, south facing Little Kate which has some almost blind step transitions. So it is an ass kicking trap, particularly for improving skiers transitioning from beginner to intermediate. I wasn't with him at the time, I was off on really frozen, wind affected two day old snow in Ontario Bowl.

KingGrump

Most Interesting Man In The World
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
To get to Little Kate one takes a longish green run with soft, manicured snow and then turns to the right to access steeper, much firmer, south facing Little Kate which has some almost blind step transitions. So it is an ass kicking trap, particularly for improving skiers transitioning from beginner to intermediate. I wasn't with him at the time, I was off on really frozen, wind affected two day old snow in Ontario Bowl.

Wait, WTFH.
What is all these crap about blind traps, ice and frozen bad snow. Isn't DV supposed to be the land of milk and honey.
Now, I have to think twice about going there this season.

KingGrump

Most Interesting Man In The World
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
It's gotta be all that infamous DV ice that they never talk about. :eek::D

Hell, if they are hiding all that ice and crap, I would not be surprised if they are hiding a whole bunch of snow boarder on the hill also. :nono: :D

TS
Started at 53

Started at 53

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Looks more like she kicked your A$$.

I kicked her a$$ the day before, but I think she got more than even. I’ll slap her around a bit when I am back up on my skis

Wait, WTFH.
What is all these crap about blind traps, ice and frozen bad snow. Isn't DV supposed to be the land of milk and honey.
Now, I have to think twice about going there this season.

I keep telling people that Colorado is a much better place to be, DV sux.... I’d avoid it at all costs ;)

It's gotta be all that infamous DV ice that they never talk about. :eek::D

Don’t believe the hype!!! I also had to wait in a lift line last week.... I think once for 2-3 minutes. Good thing they have on-the-hill wifi so I could answer some emails ;)

Lorenzzo

Be The Snow
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Don’t believe the hype!!! I also had to wait in a lift line last week.... I think once for 2-3 minutes. Good thing they have on-the-hill wifi so I could answer some emails ;)
Yeah but at least we got to hang with the Mahre bros while we waited.

Mendieta

Master of Snowplow
SkiTalk Tester
Contributor
About two days a year DV suffers through less than perfect conditions. Also, a few of the snow boys for Little Kate were sick that day so there wasn't as much ongoing microgrooming.

Yes we filled out written complaints.

Service is not the same anymore. I also hear the ski valet is offering prosecco these days. The audicity of serving anything beneath vintage champagne!

:D

T-Square

Terry
Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
23* pitch, so not straight down, but it is a constant pitch, so the only thing to stop me was the cat track crossing it.

Rest assured I am thinking about my binding settings.

You can use skier type -1 and you will get a lower setting. I’ve used -1 for many many years. Skis stay on and come off easily when "needed."

Since my last crash (fell getting off the lift :( ) and follow on meniscus surgery I now wear Don-Joy braces on both knees. They are tiger striped orange and black. :D

Heal well, have fun.

Kneale Brownson

Making fresh tracks forever on the other side
Instructor
My one day at DV they had put away the groomers just before a freezing rain. First time I ever skied groom so frozen I could not get an edge into it